cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex charge: go for Gold or minimize risk?

tag
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex charge: go for Gold or minimize risk?

If your approved for the Zync, you will probably be approved for any AMEX charge card. Income dependant. If you get approved for the zync, i would immediately app for Gold or PRG within minutes, Should only be one hard pull. It was for me when i did that Smiley Wink Cancel the one you don't want, or keep both. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want the gold, then just app for the gold. 

Message 12 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Afaik green and gold have basically the same benefits, gold is just more expensive. The first real jump starts at PRG. If you want, i would app for zync and any otger card you want (if you want gold go for gold) and keep both. Zync AF is waived the first year (excluding packs) and then you can transfer MRe points from zync to gold and make them regular MR points. Then cancel whichever you dont want before next AF hits.
Message 13 of 32
howardroark
Established Member

Okay, so does it sound reasonable to app for Zync, and then immediately app for PRG?

Message 14 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@howardroark wrote:

Okay, so does it sound reasonable to app for Zync, and then immediately app for PRG?

If you're willing to take 2 HPs, yes. Although if you app zync first I don't think you'll get the PRG signup bonus. "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card or Platinum Card® account within the last 90 days."

Message 15 of 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Zync has a different product designation as well as more lenient underwriting guidelines.  That's one of the reasons you can't PC between a ZYNC to another card, unless you were originally at the higher tier card to begin with.

I don't think you can get a Green / Gold / etc with only six months history assuming you don't have any other tradelines or extremely high, and documentable, income.

To the OP: if you're qualified on the pre-selector site for a Green, you can pick any of the charge cards and be OK; it's just whether your spend justifies the higher AF for better rewards on the higher tier cards or not.

        
Message 16 of 32
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

I say app right now! I am in the same situation right now. I would like to see what happens to you so go for it right now hahaha.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 17 of 32
howardroark
Established Member

My application was "cancelled." Apparently it has not been enough time since my last application? I tried applying and they've "cancelled the duplicate request." 

Message 18 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@howardroark wrote:

My application was "cancelled." Apparently it has not been enough time since my last application? I tried applying and they've "cancelled the duplicate request." 

You have to wait either 30 or 60 days since any denial with them, can't remember which. 

Message 19 of 32
howardroark
Established Member

I thought it was 30...

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.