tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex cli denied with hard pull

@drsmith wrote:

I asked for a CLI and got the 7-10 as well

But I didn't get an email, or a letter.

Thoughts?

When did you ask for it??? They could be still reviewing it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 16
drock
Valued Member

Sorry, didn't mean to leave anyone hanging. I did check my report when I got the email telling me there was a letter prepared for me (about 15 mins after I requested the increase and right after I posted here). There was no hard pull from amex, and hopefully it stays that way -- i worried that maybe it was becuase it was so soon after the pull, but as someone reminded me here, if there was no score on the denial letter, that means they were referring to an old report not a new hard pull. So no, as far as I know, NO hard pull. I was just confused having never asked for an increase and having gotten a letter that references my experian report without actually having pulled it. Sorry for that -- still learning.

My reduced income was clearly the reason for denial though, so that does answer my original question from my other post. Even if you have perfect PIF payment history with amex, you put money through your cards, and you have higher scores than when you apped, if you have to put in a significantly reduced income, they might deny you a CLI. It was just surprising to me given I'd never asked for one and thought they'd counter with something lower (even a $500 increase on a $2500 cl would've helped!) if they didn't like what i'd asked for. Oh well, I pushed a button and I learned!

Starting Score: 683
Current Scores: fico (not fako) as of 06/23/12 - tu-772, eq-728, ex-???
Goal Score: 750 across all 3 CBs

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Many creditors talk about your credit report with pretty good knowledge it seems sometimes but in Amex case they are usually using the report they get each month or as you can see multiple times with the computer system but they don't hard pull... GE Pretty sure is the same way.

They soft you every month literally. At least in my case, I see an aMEX soft every month.

Message 13 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@winstars wrote:

Can you please tell us all here for sure if they did a hard pull on your EX or not. It is pretty important information for all of us here. If they did, it is news, if not then it's the same story we have been hearing. I reread the entire thread and am still unclear on what actually happened. Maybe its me but, can you help a brother out here???

That would be helpful . Plus im wondering what made them trigger a HP.

Message 14 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've asked twice for a CLI, first to 3x the current, then 2x the current 6 months later and both times I was instantly denied.  No counter offer, no hard pull either though.

My 61 day is coming up. I fear the outcome

Message 15 of 16
dnice77
Regular Contributor

I requested a CLI on 1/23 and was instaly approved. it was a CLI on my BCP, no hard pull.

i was actually worried bucause i requested one on the 58 day mark. was instantly denied. i asked a rep what was the 60day mark he said 1/23. i was worried that the so recent request would trigger a denial or issue but i was approved no problems.

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.