Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex cli

Just to let you all know I called amex last night asking about this because I wanted to hear it straight from them.  I know you all had been talking about soft pulls on credit reports whenever you ask for a cli but the lady on the phone did verify that they do do soft pulls to see what the score is and that is a big factor as well in granting a cli, not just paying most of your balance quickly.  I was kinda bummed because I thought that if I paid down my balance fast that there would be no problem in like two months asking for a cli but I am not sure that my score is going to be high enough, oh well.  At least now I know exactly what they are looking for to grant a cli.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex cli

Good info thanks!  I am holding off on my CLI for now......
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called I was told with a small balance your chances of getting a cli  is better

Message Edited by l9ikjam on 01-04-2008 12:48 PM
Message 3 of 10
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

thanks  a lot , may I  have phone number please .

Message 4 of 10
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Sad I just call ask CL up to 10k Still turn me down . 7 to 10 day wait for mail .
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 AMEX cards (Blue with $10.6k and Costco with $10k). I just LUVed for Costco asking 5k, and they gave it to me right away. My EQ is 757 and EX is 762. Not checked TU. FYI
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great- I get discouraged when too may days go by without someone getting some love from AMEX.

Now go hit the luv botton on the other one for me? J/K

jsk wrote:
I have 2 AMEX cards (Blue with $10.6k and Costco with $10k). I just LUVed for Costco asking 5k, and they gave it to me right away. My EQ is 757 and EX is 762. Not checked TU. FYI

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy,

I wonder whether I am allowed to do that. Somewhere here or on AMEX website, I remember reading a statement that I have to wait for a while for a CLI for the other AMEX account. I might be wrong, though. I will try anyway.
Message 8 of 10
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

That's correct.  I requested a CLI on my second acct and was declined because I had received on 31 days prior on my first acct.  They only allow a CLI on 1 acct 30 days after opening and then every 6 months.  My bad! - I should have went for a larger request the first time, but I only asked for $1900 Smiley Sad
Great Credit is Sexy Smiley Wink EQ 793 / TU 791 / EX 773, 6/2017
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot about this new policy-
Hit that love button in 6 months- you can always allocate CL as you please between the accounts.

jsk wrote:
Timothy,

I wonder whether I am allowed to do that. Somewhere here or on AMEX website, I remember reading a statement that I have to wait for a while for a CLI for the other AMEX account. I might be wrong, though. I will try anyway.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.