Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex cli

I just received my blue cash everyday in the mail.

Heard some have tried a cli upon activation. Decided to try for it. Should have just waited? After putting in my info got the we're reviewing your account.. Will send a letter...

About a min later got an email saying they were done reviewing and to call cs  to get details about the decision.

Should I assume a denial?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Amex cli

Yup it's a denial. You may try again in 61 days if I'm not mistaken. After the first CLI it's 180 days.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.

I'm not upset about it. I honestly don't need the increase right now. I'm happy with the sl they gave me. Just thought I'd give it a go.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing as well, stupid. You should wait the 61 days. My denial letter said your account must be open 60 days. I've heard it's 90 days from a denial so just to be on the safe side I marked my calendar for 91 days...oh well! YMMV, of course Smiley Happy Good luck if you decide to try at 61! Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them on my HH card and they said it was after 2 statements.  And I did this by mistake twice!  So I'm giving it a go after the second statement cuts.  All they can say is no and I don't need the cli anyway.  With my BCP I waited exactly 61 days and got instant approval.  Then it took me until the 3rd time to get me second 3xcli.  It will happen.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's never a hard pull which is nice. _summer78, you have a good credit score. What is your AAoA for your revolving account?

Message 6 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice to know the increase should be coming soon either way

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Heard some have tried a cli upon activation. Decided to try for it. Should have just waited? After putting in my info got the we're reviewing your account.. Will send a letter...

About a min later got an email saying they were done reviewing and to call cs  to get details about the decision.

Did you call CS?

Message 8 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you call CS?

+1!   I don't quite understand asking the myfico group whether this is a denial vs simply calling the CS.   While it probably is a denial, it could be something else, checking some details.

And you would get at least one CSR's opinion on how long you need to wait if it is a denial....

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.