cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex costco

tag
Established Member

Re: Amex costco

The score I posted was before I was added as an AU, so my score could actually be higher now but since I can't purchase my Ex there's no way of knowing. That EX score was from my new CC.

If I apply for the zync online would they see the AU or does the online approach just see a score?
Message 11 of 15
Established Member

Bump
Message 12 of 15
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would suggest applying for Zync.  If you get approved for that then you can go ahead and run to Costco and apply and see... but Im not sure you are up to Costco area under 650, think it's more around a 675+ with no recent baddies.

Manual review not to mucn, they use to submit it to be reviewed, I helped 3 or 4 friends back in 2003-2005 get Amex Blue - I thought that was easiest and I never saw a CL below $2k... now I think Delta or Costco now.

I could be wrong, but from reading various sites, the Amex Costco TEs card is not an easy card to get. Most sites recommend a mimum 700 fico score...but I guess YMMV.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 13 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

People seem a biT mixed up.  Your score matters, but every computer decision looks at the raw data of a credit report.  It throws it through several different models and checks.  Your score is a raw indicator.  Amex seems to have its own scoring model as well.  Based on the info provided, I think you are marginal for approval.  Online or otherwise, process should be similar.  Up to you whether or not to take risk.  Zync is easier to get approved for.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 14 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'd let the 60 day lates fall off and apply for the card you want in January.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.