Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex credit increase.. is it time?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Amex credit increase.. is it time?

I heard about the 3x thing and I am wondering how it works and when it works. I know I applied for my point card on January 2nd but I didn't get it the actual card in the mail till January 11tth. 

FYI, in case I am confusing anyone I have 2 Amex cards. BCE (my newest account with Amex) and Blue. My limit with Blue is $500. I just sent them a payment for my 2nd statement for that account.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Amex credit increase.. is it time?

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I heard about the 3x thing and I am wondering how it works and when it works. I know I applied for my point card on January 2nd but I didn't get it the actual card in the mail till January 11tth. 

FYI, in case I am confusing anyone I have 2 Amex cards. BCE (my newest account with Amex) and Blue. My limit with Blue is $500. I just sent them a payment for my 2nd statement for that account.

Its 61 days which would be today (if your account creation date is 1-2-14) I believe, but its not from the date you were approved necessarily. Its the date your account was created. Could be 1/2 or could be a day or two later etc. I am in the exact same boat as you, since my BCP was approved on 1/2/14. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 24
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Payment was mailed today.. so I am wondering if I should wait till they receive it or wait a little longer cause I got the BCE.

Message 3 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Payment was mailed today.. so I am wondering if I should wait till they receive it or wait a little longer cause I got the BCE.

I'm not sure, but I intend to submit a payment online to pay down my BCP before applying for a CLI. Seems like the best idea.

;
Message 4 of 24
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I intend to submit a payment online to pay down my BCP before applying for a CLI. Seems like the best idea.

I really want the increase just because my other Amex card tops that line a million times.

Message 5 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Please review the sticky in my siggy on Amex 3x CLI policy. It should answer all your questions. 

Message 6 of 24
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I tried it.. even for a small request like $300 and I guess my account hasn't been open for 60 days so I'm gonna wait it out. Least it's a soft pull I'm assuming. 

Message 7 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I tried it.. even for a small request like $300 and I guess my account hasn't been open for 60 days so I'm gonna wait it out. Least it's a soft pull I'm assuming. 

yes, sp

Message 8 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Please review the sticky in my siggy on Amex 3x CLI policy. It should answer all your questions. 

I looked through these links, but I missed the answer to my question of whether or not it makes a difference if you have charges currently on your card. For example, say  I want to get a CLI and I have used up about 20% of my credit line. The payment due date is not until the end of the month. Will my use of the credit line impact my chance of a CLI if I had PIF all other cycles and the payment for the last cycle is not yet due? 

;
Message 9 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@red259 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I looked through these links, but I missed the answer to my question of whether or not it makes a difference if you have charges currently on your card. For example, say  I want to get a CLI and I have used up about 20% of my credit line. The payment due date is not until the end of the month. Will my use of the credit line impact my chance of a CLI if I had PIF all other cycles and the payment for the last cycle is not yet due? 

There's not a definitive answer to your question.  Some PIF and some do not.  IME, I have tried it both ways and received the full CLI.  I did not ask when my util was that high. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.