Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex credit reallocation

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Amex credit reallocation

Hi All,

Does AMEX allow you to move credit from one card to another card in order to open up the account?

I was just approved last week for the Delta Gold card, but I really want another card from them, but I don't think they will approve me for another card with them, so I want to take some credit from this card to open the new card.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex credit reallocation

After 13 months, you can reallocate. They are very strict on this! I tried to reallocate from a card that was 12 months and 26/27 days old and was immediately denied. Called their CS and asked for the date the card was opened. Waited 4 more days, immediate approval. The denial letter from the first reallocation attempt also confirmed it was too early in the accounts history to move funds.

My recommendation: Sign into your Amex ONLINE account and apply. If denied, it will only be an SP. HP would occur only if approved. BEST OF LUCK!

☮ & ❤
Message 2 of 10
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Do you know which other card I could try for that wouldn't be a duplicate app of this card?  I think you can't apply for a revolver within a certain number of days or something that that nature.

Message 3 of 10
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

Do you know which other card I could try for that wouldn't be a duplicate app of this card?  I think you can't apply for a revolver within a certain number of days or something that that nature.

There's no restriction that I'm aware of. I just checked a few threads and data points suggests you're ok to app.

Again, as long as you're logged in, decline is an SP. HP if approved. So if you want the account - swing the app.

☮ & ❤
Message 4 of 10
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

So if I get a SP it's declined?  I have a SP the same day I apped, and then I have HP as well the same day for a previous app that was on hold due to a freeze on my reports. This app is still on hold until tomorrow since I guess I did it before the 5 day time, so the system thinks it's a duplicate.

Message 5 of 10
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

If it's still on hold don't jump to any conclusions. I've read of 2 revolvers within the 5 day span only causing 1 HP, not just the charge-revolver method. As always YMMV, but wait until Wednesday, then call the status line.

☮ & ❤
Message 6 of 10
noobody
Established Contributor

So you can do reallocation online or have to call in?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 10
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Well I guess it was just on hold so that they could verify my address.  Well the card was approved with a much higher credit limit then my first card!

Message 8 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

Well I guess it was just on hold so that they could verify my address.  Well the card was approved with a much higher credit limit then my first card!

congrats

Message 9 of 10
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.

☮ & ❤
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.