Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex customer service experience

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Amex customer service experience

I have seen some posts about bad experiences with Amex customer service so I thought I'd share this. I had to contact the executive office for an issue with one of my cards and found this today on my mailbox.  He even sent his business card with direct number.

IMG_1931.JPG

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex customer service experience

That is very good.. It is about time they start learning from Capital One about how to be personal and start taking care of their customers when contacting EO..

Message 2 of 12
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Wow! I am officially impressed. I'm very happy they took good care of you. I hope I'll receive excellent service also, if I ever need assistance.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 3 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I never get this kind of stuff from credit card companies. Only time I ever got a personal handwritten note from any company was back (quite a few) years ago, from a blackberry employee (back when blackberrys were still a thing). I was beta testing their new security software and discovered a flaw in it, and reported it to them, and they sent me a handwritten note with a bunch of blackberry swag (coffee mugs, phone cases, screen cleaners). Other than that, no love for me =/
Message 5 of 12
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is very good.. It is about time they start learning from Capital One about how to be personal and start taking care of their customers when contacting EO..

By god Capital one customer service is horrible and contacting the EO wasn't a much better experience for me. I actually like Amex customer service and value it's service over pretty much any bank I contacted other than Citi. 

Citi > Amex > Bank of America > Chase > Barclay's> Synch > Cominity ( only once for my Gamestop card) >  Cap one. 

Cap one while hasn't been outright rude towards me they have sounded disinterested in helping 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

For me, customer service is Chase (If you have a JPM card), Citi/Amex (tied), Barclays, Cap1 (sometimes), and then everyone else.

In reality though, It's JPM Priority Services, and then everyone else.
Message 7 of 12
someg33k
Established Contributor

That's pretty cool they sent you that. I just got approved for a couple Amex cards and am already amazed at their CSRs. Top notch!

Far as Cap1 goes..  No their front line CSRs are not empowered or really educated on credit or the Cap1 products. However I contacted them via Facebook team and was taken very good care of. No personal handwritten note but otherwise spectacular service from FB team.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice touch

Message 9 of 12
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I never get this kind of stuff from credit card companies. Only time I ever got a personal handwritten note from any company was back (quite a few) years ago, from a blackberry employee (back when blackberrys were still a thing). I was beta testing their new security software and discovered a flaw in it, and reported it to them, and they sent me a handwritten note with a bunch of blackberry swag (coffee mugs, phone cases, screen cleaners). Other than that, no love for me =/

The only company I can think for that gives me hand written cards/letters is my investement company.  Granted, I talk to them once a month and truely have a relationship with them.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.