cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex customer service is really starting to get on my nerves...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex customer service is really starting to get on my nerves...

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah amex customer service is not the best. Sad to see since they had the best to me for quite a while. Now when I call it reminds me of the fr people where they are hard to understand and rude. Similar to verizons fraud department, where they treat you like you did something wrong (all I did was lose a phone). Thast a whole other topic though. 

Well, us in big telecomm know all about you people that "lose a phone".  Doesn't just happen does it, either you were careless with something as magnificent as a modern cellphone or you were in proximity to criminal elements (and why was that, huh?) or you are a fraudster!  We'll put eddiehaskell on our cartel watch list

It was a phone I owned for 3 years so I owned it. You must work for veizon or amex since your demeanor is so bad. Im kidding but no it wasnt the case of losing a new phone or a return etc. It was a lost phone of mine and when I reported it they acted like I did something wrong. I called them immediately so that wasnt an issue either

Message 21 of 32
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems that everytime I've talked to them recently, they've been EXTREMELY short and rude. I can hardly understand them. They talk way too fast. When I try and ask them questions, they seem to become annoyed and just restate something they've already stated, that isn't remotely relavent to what I asked... Smiley Mad

Getting real tired of it. How are they leading in customer service satisfaction, as of late? I remember when I first got my account, they were awesome. This has been a steady decline. Anyone else having the same issue.

Your comment just reaffirms a discussion I've had time & time again with ppl who seem to be in some sort of love affair with card issuers. WHY is the ?

Its about bizness - nothing more. To begin with I dont engage CS's unless absolutely necessary. If they show any 'added' consideration I acknowledge it and press on. But as far as expecting it.... simply bcuz its their job??? That would be naive bcuz we're basically taking human beings here not machines. A respectful and conscientious rep doesnt mean they're the mold rather U got someone (maybe a handful) who takes pride in their job and even then u might just catch them on a bad day next time.

As such U cant read more n2 it than what it is. While it may not be professional ppl are prone to bringing personal issues to their jobs. Bcuz I'm at a point in life where I try to stay away from potentially drama laden situations if its something I can fix on my own I'd rather go thru the extra steps to make it happen than possibly running across someone who's having a bad day. But if theres no choice then I basically hope for the best yet prepare for the worst.

Anyway... life is short. Kill em with kindness I always say.

Message 22 of 32
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Called Amex today to ask what their plans are for TE cardholders--namely, are we gonna be offered a different card? He said he had no idea, but that Amex wanted my business Long story short, he ended the conversation with "Talk to you later, man". I don't mind his choice of words, but come on, this is Amex. I've bantered with CSRs before, but they've always remained business-like throughout the conversation.

Message 23 of 32
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
Called Amex today to ask what their plans are for TE cardholders--namely, are we gonna be offered a different card? He said he had no idea, but that Amex wanted my business Long story short, he ended the conversation with "Talk to you later, man". I don't mind his choice of words, but come on, this is Amex. I've bantered with CSRs before, but they've always remained business-like throughout the conversation.

Yeah, but I hardly see that being unprofessional. We want them to not be scripted. That was this gentleman's way of saying "have a good one". It'd be different if he told you to #@$ off and die, lmao, but to me that's just part of the small amount of personality they're allowed to put in their chats. We can't have it both ways

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 24 of 32
Stralem
Established Contributor

"Customer service."

Hah.

For the past two months, they've been calling me every two weeks like clockwork asking when they can expect a payment, grilling my ass like bill collecters.

Mind you this is in the middle of the **bleep**ing billing cycle on a measely  ~$1000 balance.

My most recent statement balance was $2500; Of course I paid it off in full.Early.

But NOPE, more "courtesy calls".

**bleep**ing Amex. Not even ACTUAL bill collecters have been on my ass like this.

Yes, I am salty.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 25 of 32
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

"Customer service."

Hah.

For the past two months, they've been calling me every two weeks like clockwork asking when they can expect a payment, grilling my ass like bill collecters.

Mind you this is in the middle of the **bleep**ing billing cycle on a measely  ~$1000 balance.

My most recent statement balance was $2500; Of course I paid it off in full.Early.

But NOPE, more "courtesy calls".

**bleep**ing Amex. Not even ACTUAL bill collecters have been on my ass like this.

Yes, I am salty.

Can you clarify? I know they get antsy when you don't pay by the please pay date. That date is not the statement close date...so my guess is you really are overdue. Correct me if I'm wrong

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 26 of 32
Stralem
Established Contributor

Nope, not overdue. I haven't been late on a bill in 7 years. The "Pay By Date" I've always blown off. The real due date I keep track of religiously.

It's because of my sudden jump in income. I used to average only $500/month in charges, but now I'm putting down some ~$2000+ month. In addition, I also have a fairly new corp card that I put mad charges on (current balance is north of $11,000, but that's my company's responsibility!). I know all of that can set off some serious alarms, but holy **bleep**ing **bleep**, I've explained these same points multiple times with at least 3 different agents. Do they not communicate with each other??

The last call was 13 days ago. If they call tomorrow (which is my statement closing date, coincidentally), I'm just cancelling the card. I've got other lenders to lean on.

Everyone Else.
Message 27 of 32
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Nope, not overdue. I haven't been late on a bill in 7 years. The "Pay By Date" I've always blown off. The real due date I keep track of religiously.

It's because of my sudden jump in income. I used to average only $500/month in charges, but now I'm putting down some ~$2000+ month. In addition, I also have a fairly new corp card that I put mad charges on (current balance is north of $11,000, but that's my company's responsibility!). I know all of that can set off some serious alarms, but holy **bleep**ing **bleep**, I've explained these same points multiple times with at least 3 different agents. Do they not communicate with each other??

The last call was 13 days ago. If they call tomorrow (which is my statement closing date, coincidentally), I'm just cancelling the card. I've got other lenders to lean on.

That sounds really annoying. I probably would have already closed it if they harassed me to pay when I wasn't late for two months in a row. Do you have any idea why they are calling you? They haven't called me for anything (fraud, to make a payment, etc) since I got my AMEX in 2013. It seems truly odd to me that they'd call you two months in a row.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 28 of 32
Stralem
Established Contributor

They said it was because of my new spending. That's the only reason they gave.

Again, I can understand that, but come on. They were acting like I owed them ten grand and was 90 days late.

I actually just called in a few minutes ago and asked them if I should expect any more harrassment. The agent said no (in that pleasant but obviously fake manner), and placed a note on my account to get her colleagues to back off, so we'll see.

Everyone Else.
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never had a problem with them.  They are very nice & thank me for being a long time member.  Now the chat could do with some manners. Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.