Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex customer service redeems itself

tag
tmoney
Regular Contributor

Amex customer service redeems itself

So i initiated a online chat  two weeks about backdating my MSD from 2012 to 1989. After some checking rep tells me its done.I should get my new cards in 7-10 days

After no update on my online account and no cards in almost 10 days ,I decide to check status. I initiate another online chat and rep tells me itsbeing processed and it will be another10-12 days. I explain to him what wastoldnto me by previous rep and that I was very diappointed in the misinformation.He says he will make a note to expedite

the request. I thank him for his time and figure just fast talk to get rid of me. 24 hours latter I get and email saying my request has been processed. My account online is

updated to MSD of 1989 and my xaeds have been shipped overnight. Guess Amex does care about customer service. So I added 22 years of history on both of my cards 

Not bad  

Another queston, what would be better for scoring Applying for one or more amex cards with the 25 ywars of history or requesting credit limil increaes

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rdubzzz

Re: Amex customer service redeems itself

Whats your current util and AOAA?

In order of Approval
||Quicksilver 1900|| Discover 750|| Amex BCE 2000 || Amex PRG NPSL || Sallie May 1500|| DoubleCash 1500|| Freedom 1500|| Citi TYP 2000||
Message 2 of 4
tmoney
Regular Contributor

current utiliity is at 45%  AAoA is at 4 to 4.5 yars depending on report ,but I have a thick file (45 accounts) so I dont expect my AAoA to rise to much Oldest account

now is 14 years

Message 3 of 4
rdubzzz

For scoring purposes i would definitely go for higher credit limits rather than more cards. Your util isnt bad but lowering that should net you better scores

In order of Approval
||Quicksilver 1900|| Discover 750|| Amex BCE 2000 || Amex PRG NPSL || Sallie May 1500|| DoubleCash 1500|| Freedom 1500|| Citi TYP 2000||
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.