Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex delta product change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex delta product change

My DW got approved for an Amex delta which card would she do a product change to? And can this only be done at the time of activation? Can I call and do this for her since she auth me on the account? And will this result in a CLI? Sorry lots of questions.
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex delta product change

Badcreditguy wrote:
My DW got approved for an Amex delta which card would she do a product change to? And can this only be done at the time of activation? Can I call and do this for her since she auth me on the account? And will this result in a CLI? Sorry lots of questions.

1) You can product change to any of the Blues (Blue, Blue Cash, Blue Sky) or to SPG.
2) This can be done at any time, not just at activation.
3) The primary cardholder has to do this, not an AU.
4) No, it will not result in a CLI.  Amex's policy is no CLI on a new account for 60 days, then every 6 months after that.

Why do you want to do this?

Message Edited by cheddar on 04-13-2008 12:30 PM
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

What cheddar said.
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would do the product change simply because I hate annual fees!
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went from delta to blue after 2 or so months.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The conversion has been said to be a red flag for f/r on the Delta product. Like some of the others said, wait a few months!
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ducky mentioned getting a magazine subscription to keep my points on my delta card from expiring anyone have any info on this?
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Badcreditguy wrote:
 Ducky mentioned getting a magazine subscription to keep my points on my delta card from expiring anyone have any info on this?

it's like a year or so before you have to worry. check delta's website. if dw was hear i could ask her. she took dd to boston for a day trip, won't be back 'till midnight.
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

does the amex delta get good CLI's?
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Badcreditguy wrote:
does the amex delta get good CLI's?

same policy for all revolving cards. 1 rqst no sooner than 60 dyas after opening the account, then you can rqst once every 6 months.

Message Edited by imducky on 04-13-2008 04:39 PM
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.