Did you mean: 

Amex denied.... again.....

tag
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex denied.... again.....

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

The good thing is that it's never too late to build/rebuild/re-rebuild.

The problem with rebuilding is that it takes 7-10 years for the bad stuff to go away. A 10 year credit punishment is a long time. All these GW's are a more recent phenomena.  It used to be near impossible to get people to remove the lates.  It is way better to get it right in the first place.

Amen.

I0 years of my financial life screwed...and it was a LONG time. However, it broke my addiction to credit. Experience is a good teacher, but often a cruel one. It's much better if you can learn from the mistakes of others.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 81 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least my new Amex denial message is:

"We have received your application for Blue Cash EverydaySM . We have reviewed it, but unfortunately we will not be able to approve your request at this time.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Your American Express Cardmember risk score is too high (See below)"

At least it's not hurting me with HPs. Just wish they'd give me the damn card, but I guess I gotta keep gardening this Zync for a while first.

Message 82 of 85
Eschaton
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I personally feel that the more card I have the greater chance that I might incur a negative item on the account, be it late payment, debt and etc. I am pretty sure that most students lives are pretty hectic as is and we might forgo something, not because we want but rather we have other priorities. I have my mind pretty much set on keeping 3 card and maybe in the future, when I graduate from Grad school I might add a NPSL CC.

Have you looked into getting Pageonce or Mint? I use both of them, but if you're concerned about accruing late charges because of whatever reason, Pageonce might be for you. It'll keep all your due dates in one place. If you really want, for $5 a month you can even pay with a click of a button on their website or on your mobile app. 

Capital One Journey (12/2010) $750 | Chase Freedom (03/2012) $3500 | American Express Zync (03/2012) NSPL | Amazon Prime (08/2018) $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred (10/2018) $8000 | Bank of America Cash Reward 10/2018 $8000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 06/2019 $2700

Experian score: 793 (9/2018)
Message 83 of 85
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Eschaton wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I personally feel that the more card I have the greater chance that I might incur a negative item on the account, be it late payment, debt and etc. I am pretty sure that most students lives are pretty hectic as is and we might forgo something, not because we want but rather we have other priorities. I have my mind pretty much set on keeping 3 card and maybe in the future, when I graduate from Grad school I might add a NPSL CC.

Have you looked into getting Pageonce or Mint? I use both of them, but if you're concerned about accruing late charges because of whatever reason, Pageonce might be for you. It'll keep all your due dates in one place. If you really want, for $5 a month you can even pay with a click of a button on their website or on your mobile app. 

I use pageonce and i'm growing a little skeptic on how safe it is. I don't want to put my new prime cards info. in there.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 84 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Eschaton wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I use pageonce and i'm growing a little skeptic on how safe it is. I don't want to put my new prime cards info. in there.

I actually use Mint, and have found it more useful then Pageonce. I have heard that inorder to pay your bills with Pageonce that you have to pay a fee. Mint on the other hand is free and you usally receive a notice before your bill id due.

Message 85 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.