cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex denied, called for RECON and...

tag
Hollywood80
New Contributor

Re: Amex denied, called for RECON and...

I dont know if Costco Amex is the hardest to get. I just said forget it and went for it. I know my ReCON words sound like excuses but I do have an AMEX Green through Corp that does not report on my credit. Wanted to see them take that into consideration. Oh well, it is what it is.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for AMEX also and was declined. My letter stated it was because I had "a delinquency and balances are too high on revolving accounts". Called for recon- they stated that they are no longer approving for anyone with delinquencies on their credit reports regardless of scores. Then invited me to call back when that happens and reapply.
Message 12 of 17
heirophant
Established Contributor

I have about 12 baddies and not all of them paid and they had no problem approving a Delta.  EX 641 at the time in February.  I would go that route and then at 11 months try to product change to avoid AF and give some good AMEX history.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 13 of 17
Hollywood80
New Contributor

Yea... As soon as the 2 baddies that are unpaid are removed from my report, Im calling back that day. Its only only Experian with me. I swear they love EX. Sort of downt want to mess with the big bad CRA that I knocked off TU and EQ. I am scared they are gonna find some loop hole, kinda like how they re aged my EX account, and report again on EQ and TU.

I also seen people getting approved for the Delta Amex with worse stats than me. Granted you never know somebodys complete history but I might have to go for this one in the near future. Want so INQ's to fall off. Desperately need a higher CL. Might have to go the NFCU route but I am a Navy brat and havent spoke to my dad in double digit years...and im only in my mid twenties. My Util should update to about 5% from 50-60 around the first. Hopefully I see some nice increases. I wanna put AMEX in a choke hold right now. hahahaha
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled all 3 CRA on me Smiley Mad
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Um, that's because Delta is the easiest AmEx to get and Cosco is the hardest. Do a search (at the top of the page) and see how many people with low scores got approved for them and then compare.

Comparing Delta to Cosco is like comparing a sub-prime to a prime -- not the same. They do not have the same score/CF qualifications.
Message 16 of 17
Hollywood80
New Contributor

I appreciate it, good to know that Delta is the easiest. Looking through all these pages is a time warp.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.