Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex denied, pulled all three

tag
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Amex denied, pulled all three

So I had all 9 of my CAs  fall off a little early on EX (these were all from my student loans which is why there are so many).  My Plus score went up 100+ points and moved from the good to excellent category.  So I thought thought why not app for an Amex knowing that's what they usually pull.  Well I was declined because they pulled all 3 reports.  I certainly wasn't expecting that.  Even worse, they said my denial was because my score was too low - they gave me TU and said it was 616.  I was so annoyed since my TU on myfico is 681!!!  

The CAs will be removed at some point next month.  If it's within 30 days, do I stand a chance at a recon?

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex denied, pulled all three

I would wait until you are sure they don't report at all, you want to improve you chances as much as possible without wasting an inq.

Not sure how long the window is for a recon, maybe someone else can chime in.

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Yeah suggests to me that your EX was too low and so they pulled the other CRA's which obviously killed your chances due to the CO's.  I would wait until you have no CO's.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 12
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I will definitely wait until they're off the other 2 reports.  Lesson learned there Smiley Surprised  

When I called for the status the rep suggested I wait at least 30 days if I was going to apply again.  I kind of assumed that was my window for a trying a recon.  I would hate to apply again, seeing that they pulled all three reports.  Who knows if they will do that again.

Message 4 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I would wait 90 days and apply. Even better if you want to check the Amex Application Status website and make sure the previous application dropped off and they apply. I think they remove the app status after 4 months.

Message 5 of 12
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Would prefer to recon since that app cost me 3 inquiries.  

Message 6 of 12
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

Would prefer to recon since that app cost me 3 inquiries.  

Agreed and ouch!  That's a Cap One move!  Sorry you were denied.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 7 of 12
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't they need to re-pull your reports to see the new credit scores when the baddies fall off?

How can they do a recon on the same reports if the same baddies would be on them from when they were first pulled? Wouldn't that be an instant denial again?

Message 8 of 12
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

They will pull hard again for recon unless you fax them a copy of your latest report, but even then no guarantees!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

@xlr8d wrote:

I would wait until you are sure they don't report at all, you want to improve you chances as much as possible without wasting an inq.

Not sure how long the window is for a recon, maybe someone else can chime in.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.