Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex did a hp on new app denial

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Amex did a hp on new app denial

I'm a current member and have been apping every 30 days for an additional card always denied at first due to not long enough relationship or inqs. Always been a sp until I asked for recon the other month then they did a hp. The recon was a no go. Anyway, been 30 days so I try again and they did a hp and denied again! 😞 first time I got an hp for a denial, just thought I post as an FYI
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex did a hp on new app denial

@Happychap wrote:
I'm a current member and have been apping every 30 days for an additional card always denied at first due to not long enough relationship or inqs. Always been a sp until I asked for recon the other month then they did a hp. The recon was a no go. Anyway, been 30 days so I try again and they did a hp and denied again! 😞 first time I got an hp for a denial, just thought I post as an FYI

Amex recon will result in a HP cardholder or not 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

As far as I know, Chase and Amex will do another HP if you recon. I tried Amex, got denied, then called to try to recon. The CSR told me to send a copy of my Ex report and when they receive it, they will do another HP. I declined. Doesn't make sense to send another report, if tey are just going to do their own HP.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 3 of 10
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I know for recons they may do another hp but that was last month. What I'm saying is that I did a brand new app and got denied and they did another hp. I didn't recon this recent app.
Message 4 of 10
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@Happychap wrote:
Yeah I know for recons they may do another hp but that was last month. What I'm saying is that I did a brand new app and got denied and they did another hp. I didn't recon this recent app.

A new app will always result in another HP. They will not use the most recent report in file.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 5 of 10
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

All my other apps that got denied have been sp since I'm an existing member. This is the first time I got an hp for a denial.
Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@AeroKrix wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

A new app will always result in another HP. They will not use the most recent report in file.

As a current Amex member, it's usually a sp. 

OP, 

Were  you logged in?

Message 7 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Wow apping for a new card every 30 days seems quite a bit. .. perhaps AMEX is giving you a sign to layoff from applying for a while..

Sorry to hear about the denial, but yea that seems odd... 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 10
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Lol yeah maybe it's an attempt to stop me apping every 30 days. Just wondered if anyone had similar experience.
Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Wow apping for a new card every 30 days seems quite a bit. .. perhaps AMEX is giving you a sign to layoff from applying for a while..

Sorry to hear about the denial, but yea that seems odd... 

Pls share your Amex sheet before approval .....how many days in between apps? 

IIRC you did wait awhile?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.