Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex double or single hard pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex double or single hard pull

Hello everyone,

I just applied for my first card with Amex and was approved for an AMEX green charge card. My first charge card. I am in college and have slowly been building up my credit with chase/cap1/discover before applying for an amex card. My question is would it make sense to apply for one of their credit cards tonight as well, and would they use the same hard pull? I was looking at the blue cash everyday and didn't want to miss the opportunity if it would be under the same hardpull. I did some research online and talked to a csr at amex but could not get a definitive answer. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex double or single hard pull

it's common to get a revolver and charge in one HP if done quick enough but, as with all else, YMMV
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just applied for my first card with Amex and was approved for an AMEX green charge card. My first charge card. I am in college and have slowly been building up my credit with chase/cap1/discover before applying for an amex card. My question is would it make sense to apply for one of their credit cards tonight as well, and would they use the same hard pull? I was looking at the blue cash everyday and didn't want to miss the opportunity if it would be under the same hardpull. I did some research online and talked to a csr at amex but could not get a definitive answer. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Welome to MyFico

As 2011XTerror says, it's very common them to sue the same HP for both applications but even if they don't their cards and bonuses are worth the HP.

Message 3 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

Welome to MyFico

As 2011XTerror says, it's very common them to sue the same HP for both applications but even if they don't their cards and bonuses are worth the HP.

Right, and once upon a time, 2 accounts for a single HP without a new account ding along with an increase in AAOA.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh don't ruin the mood Open123 lol.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help. Just applied for the blue cash everyday and was appoved. Very low limit of $500; but still happy to get my foot in the door with Amex considering I just got my first student card less than a year ago.

Message 6 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for your help. Just applied for the blue cash everyday and was appoved. Very low limit of $500; but still happy to get my foot in the door with Amex considering I just got my first student card less than a year ago.

Welcome to the forum and congrats 

Welcome to the Amex family as well

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your cards. don't take this wrong but you'll enjoy the BCE more. before your AF hits on the green you may wanna close it. if you want MR then in a few months get an MR revolver or an MR charge that offers better rewards Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.