Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex dropped our account like a hot potato

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex dropped our account like a hot potato

I was an AU on DW AMEX (charge not revolving so PIF each month)(showed up on my EQ not sure about other though). She went to make a purchase last night and lo and behold account is closed. I'm sure it has happened to others, but it is just annoying when you try to play their ballgame then midway through game they cry like a little 5 year old and take their ball and go home. Luckily the account is only a little over a year old so shouldn't hurt AAoA too much.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Amex dropped our account like a hot potato

Sorry to hear about that OP. I would definitely move on and not look bad. There are better cards out there that will not give you as many headaches as AMEX does.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious......did you call cust serv and ask them why they closed the acct? Or,are you just gonna chalk it up?

Thanx

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

chalk it up tired of their b.s.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Amex keeps treating its cardmember like trash, they wont be the big Amex a few years from now. When was the last time you spoke to an american representive on the phone with Amex??? These off shore call centers only babysit Amex Card members. However when its time for a FR an english clear speaking rep will call you.
Message 5 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

did you call cust serv and ask them why they closed the acct?
Message 6 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

it's a bloodbath out there but it won't negatively impact your AAoA until it drops in about 10 years (or at all if it is younger than your current AAoA.)

Message Edited by score_building on 05-15-2009 09:38 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was my wife's account I was just AU. She did call them and never could get a straight answer of why they closed it. Since it wasn't revolving wonder how they felt they were "protecting their interests" though. We've never charged more than $100 at one time then paid in full monthly. Oh well you know what they say good riddance to bad rubbage.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

$100/month in total? Then I would understand that they closed the account, but it would be nice to give customers a call before.
Message Edited by Buckzball on 05-15-2009 07:14 AM
Message 9 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear it. I hope I'm not next.
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.