Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex email

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Amex email

So I got a prescreened amex email offer for the green card in my email box. However, the email was addressed to some woman I never even heard of. Has anyone else had this experience? It makes me very nervous that Amex can not even match my name to my email. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex email

@red259 wrote:

So I got a prescreened amex email offer for the green card in my email box. However, the email was addressed to some woman I never even heard of. Has anyone else had this experience? It makes me very nervous that Amex can not even match my name to my email. 

Could be a scam.  Easy way to deterimine if legit -- give them a call. 

Message 2 of 4
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

It is a scam.   After I applied for an AMEX card a couple of years ago - and was denied - I got an email about my AMEX account.  I was so hoping that I DID have an account, but I figured it was a scam.  I called them, and they confirmed that it did not come from AMEX.  I have gotten 1-2 more this year.  They always show up in my junk mail.  I just delete them. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@Changingmantra wrote:

@red259 wrote:

It is a scam.   After I applied for an AMEX card a couple of years ago - and was denied - I got an email about my AMEX account.  I was so hoping that I DID have an account, but I figured it was a scam.  I called them, and they confirmed that it did not come from AMEX.  I have gotten 1-2 more this year.  They always show up in my junk mail.  I just delete them. 

It seems awfully advanced for a scam email. Providing contact numbers, numbers to call to opt out, terms & conditions, rsvp number etc. When I type the amex rsvp number into the amex website though it doesn't recognize it so I deleted the email. I do wonder how they got my email and knew to send me an amex offer. Never had this issue before. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.