Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex everyday Suspended...

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Amex everyday Suspended...

Took out my new everyday amex card today and tried to make a first purchase for ~200, card was straight out deny lol. Now I need to call in because the account is suspended Smiley Sad.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex everyday Suspended...

What??? Did you even activate the card? Maybe you didn't...........Otherwise, it is just a usual fraud alert. Call'em up.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 2 of 33
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Probably a fraud alert. Same thing happened with my chase freedom. Received on a Friday and was suspended by that Sunday. Had to spend half an hour on the phone on Monday (when I realized it was being denied) to get it fixed because I made a purchase of almost $400 that Sunday.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 3 of 33
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

@JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

What??? Did you even activate the card? Maybe you didn't...........Otherwise, it is just a usual fraud alert. Call'em up.

Yea I activated yesterday when I received the card. I have to call later during my lunch hour.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 4 of 33
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I'm very curious to hear the outcome of this.  Please keep us informed. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 5 of 33
Brooks14
Valued Member

So what happened?

Amex BCE $11,000 / Amex Everyday $5,000 / Discover It $1,500 / Citi DP $2,500 / Citi TYP $2,000 / BoA Cash $3,000 /
Chase Freedom $1,000 / Chase CSP $7,000
Message 6 of 33
rlx01
Established Contributor

Not uncommon on a first AMEX.
Message 7 of 33
Brooks14
Valued Member

But it wasn't his first Amex per his sig he has a BCE card

Amex BCE $11,000 / Amex Everyday $5,000 / Discover It $1,500 / Citi DP $2,500 / Citi TYP $2,000 / BoA Cash $3,000 /
Chase Freedom $1,000 / Chase CSP $7,000
Message 8 of 33
punisher323
Established Member

Any news? I would like to know the outcome.
Message 9 of 33
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Took out my new everyday amex card today and tried to make a first purchase for ~200, card was straight out deny lol. Now I need to call in because the account is suspended Smiley Sad.

^^^^

That happened for me for Cap On, I did not use it much so they suspended/closed it

I had to call and request they re open it

Hopefully it's the same situation for you

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.