Did you mean: 

Amex express checkout

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex express checkout

@core wrote:

@myjourney wrote:
Something tells me the merchant list will grow soon ....we'll see rightSmiley Wink

And something tells me this thing will die a slow and quiet death.  Just like that ShopAnywhere thing or whatever it was called where you get free 2-day shipping but only at Joe's Prosthetic Legs and a couple other places.  I think the merchants are gonna say "Hey, why are we encouraging customers to use Amex cards so we can pay extra fees?  What sense does that make!?"  I can't see anyone turning away from a purchase based on whether a site has this silly Amex checkout.

Good point of view 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting. I may grab the WSJ wine. If nothing else, I took down the name of a the CA wineries since we're heading up to wine country soon. Smiley Happy There are SO many up there, it's hard to pick. If I run across the ones from there, it'll help narrow things down. 

Message 12 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

@core wrote:

Too bad the merchant selection is so slim.  Half of them I've never heard of.

I like the background video they have on that promo page.  Barefoot young lady sitting on the couch next to a man.  This conveys the message of "Express"?  Rather naughty Amex

The loop is actually a video run forward, then backward, then forward again, ad infinitum.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 15
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

$10.00 statement credit per merchant 

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/express-checkout/

Not sure if this has been posted 

Thanks for posting. Just got a gift card for Bucca Di Beppo on Newegg. Great that I didn't have to fill out payment information or sign up for this Amex service unlike the Visa and Mastercard versions. 

Message 14 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@core wrote:

@myjourney wrote:
Something tells me the merchant list will grow soon ....we'll see rightSmiley Wink

And something tells me this thing will die a slow and quiet death.  Just like that ShopAnywhere thing or whatever it was called where you get free 2-day shipping but only at Joe's Prosthetic Legs and a couple other places.  I think the merchants are gonna say "Hey, why are we encouraging customers to use Amex cards so we can pay extra fees?  What sense does that make!?"  I can't see anyone turning away from a purchase based on whether a site has this silly Amex checkout.

I am so glad I wasn't drinking anything while reading this, or I would have either choked or spit all over the keyboard... LOL!!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the laugh... I needed that!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.