Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex gift cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How would this appear on a credit card statement?

Amex Gift card lol....What did you expect? Amex floral designs? lol

Maybe

Lol...Yeah, they know exactly what you're buying so don't go crazy. I def won't advise anyone to buy 10k at once.

Gotcha.  Thanks   American Express wouldn't complain if I used their card to buy $3K to finish spending bonus amount ?

Yup, like previously stated, they don't care. You can use it to complete a signup bonus but you probably won't get points for the intial order. Even though they don't care, i'd advise you not to get  GCs for 10k on one card lol. 3k is fine.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 11 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Amex has no problem with you buying these with Amex cards.  Dont use a Citi card as that will probably code as a cash advance.

Re fee free:  that is CVS until Dec 6.

But the best thing to do is to use cashback portals.  Just for today, topcashback.com is giving 2.25% back on these.   So, using a Fidelity Amex, you get 4.25% back (- $3.95 a card, max card value $3K)   And this can be 4.25% of real money!

Smart man. Heading over there right now to get a GC.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 12 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Got a call from Amex to confirm my GC purchases just now lol.

Message 13 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

You paid with an Amex card, or were the GC people calling to check it was a real order?

Message 14 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

You paid with an Amex card, or were the GC people calling to check it was a real order?

Nope, i try to avoid using Amex cards unless if it's for a sign up bonus. Yes, they called to ask if i indeed made the order. What i don't understand is the fact that i didn't have to confirm anything. I just said "yes" and the guy said okay, i'll approve them. Kind of makes it seem like Amex gift cards knows a lot more than about me than just gift cards..

Message 15 of 17
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Nope, i try to avoid using Amex cards unless if it's for a sign up bonus. Yes, they called to ask if i indeed made the order. What i don't understand is the fact that i didn't have to confirm anything. I just said "yes" and the guy said okay, i'll approve them. Kind of makes it seem like Amex gift cards knows a lot more than about me than just gift cards..

Name and address matching maybe?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 16 of 17
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Name and address matching maybe?

download.jpg

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.