Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex gifts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex gifts

I read that Amex occasionally gives gifts and was wondering if its only for Platinum/Centurion members? On FlyerTalk for example there was mention of select Platinum members last year receiving a Tumi roll-on suitcase with Canon camcorder, iPod nano, Bose headphones and other travel gifts inside valued at over $1000. Has anyone with one of their credit cards or Zync/Green/Gold ever received a gift, no matter how large or small?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Amex gifts

I would say this might apply for their high rollers aka big spenders

Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@CS800 wrote:
I would say this might apply for their high rollers aka big spenders

+1.  I'm sure you would have to run a VERY significant amount of money through your cards to qualify for this.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I read that Amex occasionally gives gifts and was wondering if its only for Platinum/Centurion members? On FlyerTalk for example there was mention of select Platinum members last year receiving a Tumi roll-on suitcase with Canon camcorder, iPod nano, Bose headphones and other travel gifts inside valued at over $1000. Has anyone with one of their credit cards or Zync/Green/Gold ever received a gift, no matter how large or small?

To get gifts you have to spend so much that the monetary value of the gift is less than pocket change to you.  

What does an Ipod Nano cost?  $200?  I'd venture a guess that AMEX would give you an Ipod Nano if you ran >$20k throughyour card, which equates to <1% cash back.

Message 4 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Remember the gifts have to financial,y make sense for Amex to give a gift.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:
Remember the gifts have to financial,y make sense for Amex to give a gift.

Yea it's kind of like reverse sticker shock.

"OMG AMEX GAVE ME AN IPOD???? COOL I LOVE AMEX NOW!!!"

Person doesn't realize they've spent way way way more money than a nano is worth.  I'm not saying gifts aren't cool, I'm just saying the gift is a tiny price for AMEX to pay compared to what you've given them.

Message 6 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Spend 100k and get an iPod now that would be funny

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.