Starting Score: 508, 532, 558
Current Score: 548, 634, 648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex green! Help!!

Sorry to hear about your sister's credit drama but didnt' she see that she needed to pay in full on her statement? And yeah, it'd be interesting to know how many times Amex has seen something like that. 

Message 22 of 25
ap84
Regular Contributor

She didn't read the terms.. Hey stuff happens, people make mistakes, all a part of living. Lesson learned.

Starting Score: 508, 532, 558
Current Score: 548, 634, 648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 25
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Hope she can get the funds before it goes down as a charge off. Not a good thing to have on your report!
Message 24 of 25
jd352
Regular Contributor

@Juss11 wrote:
Dosent Amex now offer pay over time? Or is that per purchase? I don't know I pay my PRG in full. If I was her I would try to get approved for a CC with another bank and do ballance transfer. At least she can protect her CR that way.

Pay over time is something you have to be prequalified and approved for. I signed up for it for the free 5k in MR's, but I will never use it. Even if you "pay-over-time", the balance carried is subjected to fairly high interest rates (at least higher than other cards I have).

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.