Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex green,.,aaoa?

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Amex green,.,aaoa?

My green reported today...but it was supposed to be back dated to 1996....should i send in dispute..it is showing up on my usaa credit monitoring as open on 11/1/2012...all accunts show on amex online as cardmember 1996 for all 3 cards...

what could i do?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex green,.,aaoa?

I would call amex first before filing a dispute. Technically it is reporting correctly so there isn't anything to dispute
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Is there a certain number i should call?

Message 3 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Is there a certain number i should call?

I was a AU on this account back in 1996.....should  i wake a sleeping giant?

Message 4 of 17
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Just to make sure, you are looking at the date opened and not the date reported correct?

If your other cards are reporting correctly, I would find it odd that this one would not report correctly.  If you just added the account, maybe it will update on the next reporting cycle? 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Any ideas guys before i give amex a call...my BCP backdated to 1996..so......

Message 6 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

Just to make sure, you are looking at the date opened and not the date reported correct?

If your other cards are reporting correctly, I would find it odd that this one would not report correctly.  If you just added the account, maybe it will update on the next reporting cycle? 

I  just checked......it says open date 11/1/2012.....BCP says 11/1/1996

Message 7 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

I  just checked......it says open date 11/1/2012.....BCP says 11/1/1996

Any other ideas ?

Message 8 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

Give them a call. I believe some others have had this problem and got it solved with a simple phone call.

Message 9 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Give them a call. I believe some others have had this problem and got it solved with a simple phone call.

How should i word this when i call.....not sure what to say?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.