Did you mean: 

Amex green,.,aaoa?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex green,.,aaoa?

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Is there a certain number i should call?

I was a AU on this account back in 1996.....should  i wake a sleeping giant?

Not sure how this is waking the giant.

Im a little confused. Your online acct shows member since 1996, but you did not have your own card until now, is that correct? If so, then it is reporting correctly. It's a quirk that your online is showing a 96 member since date. Amex doesn't consider additional cardholders (AUs) to be members. You become a member when you get your own card.

A couple of yrs ago they stopped backdating cards to the AU date. Occasionally someone posts about getting that done, but that is by far the exception and not the rule. 

You can try and call them and ask for your member since date be changed to 96. They don't use the term backdating. Maybe say that your credit report isn't reflecting your member since date, like it is online. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Is there a certain number i should call?

I was a AU on this account back in 1996.....should  i wake a sleeping giant?

Not sure how this is waking the giant.

Im a little confused. Your online acct shows member since 1996, but you did not have your own card until now, is that correct? If so, then it is reporting correctly. It's a quirk that your online is showing a 96 member since date. Amex doesn't consider additional cardholders (AUs) to be members. You become a member when you get your own card.

A couple of yrs ago they stopped backdating cards to the AU date. Occasionally someone posts about getting that done, but that is by far the exception and not the rule. 

You can try and call them and ask for your member since date be changed to 96. They don't use the term backdating. Maybe say that your credit report isn't reflecting your member since date, like it is online. 

Thats what i mean..... apped in november for 3 amex cards...BCP with 1996 backdate...green just reported...11/12 date opened....delt has not reported but all on amex website say member since 1996 dating back to AU date...thus the sleeping giant

Message 12 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

It's odd that one would report 96 and the other 12. You could call and not make any reference to the BCP. You might wait until you get the 3rd Amex and see how that reports. Then make just one call to see if you can get them both backdated if need be. It may be a risk to call,but if you don't mention that the other one is reporting 96 then they might not touch thst one. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Thanks for your help bichon... I will wait till delta reports... Looks like it closes on the 28th of this month..

Message 14 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
Thanks for your help bichon... I will wait till delta reports... Looks like it closes on the 28th of this month..

Well delta reported this a.m......it is only on EXP but its open date is 11/1/1996.....should i wait till other CRA report to decide to call amex to inquire about AMEX green?

Message 15 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Any ideas?

Message 16 of 17
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

If it were me, I'd probably wait at least one more billing cycle to see if the problem corrected itself.  But that's me.

As I see it, the risk is that they see that your member since date should not be 1996 in the first place, and they change your other cards to reflect that.  I think that's a pretty low risk.  1) I highly doubt anyone is going to investigate your backdating claim beyond looking at your account and seeing that your member since date is indeed 1996 (or whatever date it is, I forgot now).  I don't think they're going to investigate further to try to find out why it is 1996 in the first place.  They'll just check that your are correct that it is 1996, and then they will see if they can do anything about the reporting.  2) The idea that it shouldn't be 1996 is based on the premise that AU cards don't receive the benefit of the date they became an AU.  I don't think this is such a sound premise.  There is a lot of confusion over whether AUs can be backdated to their AU date vs. whether they can be backdated to the original cardholder's member since date, both from people on here and from CSRs who have no idea what they are talking about.  So I don't think there's a lot of risk of them changing your member since date, even if they do investigate.

But that's just my speculation.  Only you can decide whether the additional bump to your AAoA you'll gain by having this card corrected is worth the risk that they willl do something to your member since date in general. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.