Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex green to platinum question

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Amex green to platinum question

Hi everyone I just got approved for the delta Amex and the green . I wanted to know if I can product change the green to platinum so soon??
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question

13months unless AMEX sends you an offer for upgrade before that.

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 16
texasman07
Established Contributor

Dang! Okay thanks !!!
Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:
Hi everyone I just got approved for the delta Amex and the green . I wanted to know if I can product change the green to platinum so soon??

just go apply for platinum now.

Message 4 of 16
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Really? I've been sitting on my Amex green waiting until it hits the 13th month to upgrade. Amex did offer me an upgrade to either the PRG, Gold or Platinum but I thought I still had to wait.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 5 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@AzaleaB wrote:

Really? I've been sitting on my Amex green waiting until it hits the 13th month to upgrade. Amex did offer me an upgrade to either the PRG, Gold or Platinum but I thought I still had to wait.

if they are offering you then you don't have to wait... click it!

and otherwise yes, those that get scared that green is easier to get then gold and gold easier then platinum... I have seen people go back to back and apply for green and get approved and go back and apply for gold and get approved and finally go for what they really wanted from the beginning and apply for platinum and get approved!

Message 6 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@texasman07 wrote:

just go apply for platinum now.

Might not able to get the signup bonus for the Plat since OP just got approved for the Green. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@AzaleaB wrote:

if they are offering you then you don't have to wait... click it!

and otherwise yes, those that get scared that green is easier to get then gold and gold easier then platinum... I have seen people go back to back and apply for green and get approved and go back and apply for gold and get approved and finally go for what they really wanted from the beginning and apply for platinum and get approved!

Just to clarify, OP are they listing it as an upgrade or pre-approval?if upgrade and it's been less than 13 mos the request will not go through. 

Message 8 of 16
kchengg1
Contributor

Lexie is right, you cannot upgrade from Green to any higher charge card without having owned it for 13 months.

You will be eligible for the Platinum sign up bonus or the prg sign up bonus provided that you've never had the plat or prg before.

You don't become disqualified from plat or prg sign up bonuses because you've had zync/green/gold

OPs best bet is to apply for the platinum if they are willing to bite the AF.

Last App: 7/1/2016
AMEX PLATINUM (NPSL) | AMEX EveryDay Preferred | SPG Personal & Biz | Amex Everyday | Citi AAExecutive| Citi AA Plat | Citi Prestige | Citi Thank You Premier | DISCOVER IT | BOFA Cash Rewards Visa Signature | Alaska Personal & Biz | Amex Plat Biz | Amex Biz Gold
Message 9 of 16
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone . What are my chances of getting a 3rd Amex? I was approved for delta gold and green charge. Wondering if I can apply for a third or just stop
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.