cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex green to platinum question

Established Contributor

Amex green to platinum question

Hi everyone I just got approved for the delta Amex and the green . I wanted to know if I can product change the green to platinum so soon??
Amex Delta Gold 4.5k Amex HH 2k Amex Green NPSL, AMEX Delta Blue 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 1k, Barclay Jet Blue WMC 7K, Chase Freedom 2.5k Chase Southwest Premier Plus 7K Chase United Explorer 20.5K Chase Marriott 11K , Amazon Visa 3.5k, Discover $7.5K 7.5K Venture $17K Venture One 12K Quicksilver Visa Siggy 5.5K Citi Shell MC 2k, Total Rewards Visa 5.4K CITI AA Executive WEMC 15.4 Paypal Extras MC 8K, Citi Diamond WEMC 4K Citi DC WEMC 4.5K Citi Hilton Visa Siggy 8k.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question

13months unless AMEX sends you an offer for upgrade before that.

 

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 16
Established Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question

Dang! Okay thanks !!!
Amex Delta Gold 4.5k Amex HH 2k Amex Green NPSL, AMEX Delta Blue 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 1k, Barclay Jet Blue WMC 7K, Chase Freedom 2.5k Chase Southwest Premier Plus 7K Chase United Explorer 20.5K Chase Marriott 11K , Amazon Visa 3.5k, Discover $7.5K 7.5K Venture $17K Venture One 12K Quicksilver Visa Siggy 5.5K Citi Shell MC 2k, Total Rewards Visa 5.4K CITI AA Executive WEMC 15.4 Paypal Extras MC 8K, Citi Diamond WEMC 4K Citi DC WEMC 4.5K Citi Hilton Visa Siggy 8k.
Message 3 of 16
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question


texasman07 wrote:
Hi everyone I just got approved for the delta Amex and the green . I wanted to know if I can product change the green to platinum so soon??

just go apply for platinum now.

Message 4 of 16
Established Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question

Really? I've been sitting on my Amex green waiting until it hits the 13th month to upgrade. Amex did offer me an upgrade to either the PRG, Gold or Platinum but I thought I still had to wait.


Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(12/17):
EX08:832; EQ08:831,
TU08:831
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/1
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 20K, Discover IT: 47.3K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 23.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:4K, Diners Club:40K
Message 5 of 16
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question


AzaleaB wrote:

Really? I've been sitting on my Amex green waiting until it hits the 13th month to upgrade. Amex did offer me an upgrade to either the PRG, Gold or Platinum but I thought I still had to wait.


if they are offering you then you don't have to wait... click it!

and otherwise yes, those that get scared that green is easier to get then gold and gold easier then platinum... I have seen people go back to back and apply for green and get approved and go back and apply for gold and get approved and finally go for what they really wanted from the beginning and apply for platinum and get approved!

Message 6 of 16
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question


Creditaddict wrote:

texasman07 wrote:
Hi everyone I just got approved for the delta Amex and the green . I wanted to know if I can product change the green to platinum so soon??

just go apply for platinum now.


Might not able to get the signup bonus for the Plat since OP just got approved for the Green. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 16
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex green to platinum question


Creditaddict wrote:

AzaleaB wrote:

Really? I've been sitting on my Amex green waiting until it hits the 13th month to upgrade. Amex did offer me an upgrade to either the PRG, Gold or Platinum but I thought I still had to wait.


if they are offering you then you don't have to wait... click it!

and otherwise yes, those that get scared that green is easier to get then gold and gold easier then platinum... I have seen people go back to back and apply for green and get approved and go back and apply for gold and get approved and finally go for what they really wanted from the beginning and apply for platinum and get approved!


Just to clarify, OP are they listing it as an upgrade or pre-approval?if upgrade and it's been less than 13 mos the request will not go through. 

Message 8 of 16
Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question

Lexie is right, you cannot upgrade from Green to any higher charge card without having owned it for 13 months.

You will be eligible for the Platinum sign up bonus or the prg sign up bonus provided that you've never had the plat or prg before.

You don't become disqualified from plat or prg sign up bonuses because you've had zync/green/gold

 

OPs best bet is to apply for the platinum if they are willing to bite the AF.



Last App: 7/1/2016
AMEX PLATINUM (NPSL) | AMEX EveryDay Preferred | SPG Personal & Biz | Amex Everyday | Citi AAExecutive| Citi AA Plat | Citi Prestige | Citi Thank You Premier | DISCOVER IT | BOFA Cash Rewards Visa Signature | Alaska Personal & Biz | Amex Plat Biz | Amex Biz Gold
Message 9 of 16
Established Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question

Thanks everyone . What are my chances of getting a 3rd Amex? I was approved for delta gold and green charge. Wondering if I can apply for a third or just stop
Amex Delta Gold 4.5k Amex HH 2k Amex Green NPSL, AMEX Delta Blue 2k, BOA Cash Rewards 1k, Barclay Jet Blue WMC 7K, Chase Freedom 2.5k Chase Southwest Premier Plus 7K Chase United Explorer 20.5K Chase Marriott 11K , Amazon Visa 3.5k, Discover $7.5K 7.5K Venture $17K Venture One 12K Quicksilver Visa Siggy 5.5K Citi Shell MC 2k, Total Rewards Visa 5.4K CITI AA Executive WEMC 15.4 Paypal Extras MC 8K, Citi Diamond WEMC 4K Citi DC WEMC 4.5K Citi Hilton Visa Siggy 8k.
Message 10 of 16