Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex hard limit removed!

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Amex hard limit removed!

Exactly 12 mths since they placed a 5k hard limit on my platinum I just logged in and now see the 'No pre-set limit'! I actually liked having a hard limit as I knew how much I could charge😣
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex hard limit removed!

WTG! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 8
pr0blumz
New Contributor

Just know that now every balance that reports is 100% utl. I have always wondered how that would effect one's scoring.....the whole charge card thing.

Message 3 of 8
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I usually pif before statement cuts apart from now as my 450 annual fee has been charged on cutoff date😣
Message 4 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 8
pr0blumz
New Contributor

I have heard of that happening to multiple people.
Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
titanofold
Established Contributor

@pr0blumz wrote:

Just know that now every balance that reports is 100% utl. I have always wondered how that would effect one's scoring.....the whole charge card thing.

It will effect DTI, but it has no effect on utilization. So, it isn't really considered at 100% utilization, it's just considered as "you owe $x on the charge card". That reason alone makes charge cards attractive to a lot of us.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.