Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex help

tag
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Amex help

I have the gold Amex delta and I really don't wanna pay the annual fee anymore.  Is it possible to pc to the everyday or another kind? On a side note my dream card would be an Amex from USAA.  To me it would be the best of both worlds. Thank you in advance for answering.  [jeff]

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex help

First off, sorry I have no idea whether you can PC with Amex. But, USAA is a great bank to work with and the new 2.5% card* they are product testing looks amazing! Can't wait to get one myself.

(*I've read no reports on whether it will be AMEX or otherwise.)

Message 2 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You can PC AMEX (Centurion Bank) to BCE/BCP ED/EDP etc.  USAA is a completely different bank than Centurion and would be a co-branded card.  The rules on PC though are charge to charge or revolver to revolver.  Sometimes you may run into an issue switching from say Delta to Hilton or SPG or any other "brand" due to the unferwriting and agreements with those companies.

Message 3 of 15
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Yea I have a visa through usaa, my car ins., and checking account.  Absolutely love the company.  Figured if you have usaa Amex; you have 2 great companies working for you.

Message 4 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It's still the same company unless you see the card listed @ www.americanexpress.com it's a co-branded card which doesn't provide the same benefits but, is accepted as an AMEX when swiped.

Message 5 of 15
Hubcapjw
Contributor

I have like 85,000 miles on the delta. Would I lose them?

Message 6 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

If you can see your miles on Delta.com then no.  But since you're wanting to open a USAA Amex card it would be opening a new account with USAA and not Amex proper.  

Message 7 of 15
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Sorry should have been more clear. I know that usaa is a different bank.  I was just trying to say I would like the usaa card in the future. Was really trying to find out about Amex pcing.   Sorry for the mix up and thank you for the responses.

Message 8 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

NP, they don't co-mingle even though they both say amex in the bottom right corner.

Message 9 of 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

You can PC AMEX (Centurion Bank) to BCE/BCP ED/EDP etc.  USAA is a completely different bank than Centurion and would be a co-branded card.  The rules on PC though are charge to charge or revolver to revolver.  Sometimes you may run into an issue switching from say Delta to Hilton or SPG or any other "brand" due to the unferwriting and agreements with those companies.

I don't think Delta-to-ED and Delta-to-EDP are allowed. I've only heard of Blue PCing to the ED/EDP family.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.