Regular Contributor

Re: Amex here I come

Hm. Only 2 days has passed. Still need to wait up to 8 more days. ahhhh. Gimme my AMEX!

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Established Contributor

kclb wrote:
Hm. Only 2 days has passed. Still need to wait up to 8 more days. ahhhh. Gimme my AMEX!

I am on day 2 also. Can't they ups overnight it?!?!?!?
Regular Contributor

chiwiseguy wrote:

kclb wrote:

I am on day 2 also. Can't they ups overnight it?!?!?!?

lol. I know, right? We should've said, "Send it overnight and charge it to our new AMEX card!" hahahah.

-
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Frequent Contributor

thenewguy23 wrote:
Should I convert to blue at activation? How hard is it to do this? Also I am planning on doing a lot of traveling in the coming years so does the blue have the same airline rewards?

Do you generally travel on Delta? If so, you're probably better off keeping what you have.

I fly on Jetblue the most, so I use their Amex. But if you converted the Delta to Jetblue, you might not be eligible for the 50 Jetblue points at activation (you'd have to ask).
Regular Contributor

SanFranMatt wrote:

thenewguy23 wrote:
Should I convert to blue at activation? How hard is it to do this? Also I am planning on doing a lot of traveling in the coming years so does the blue have the same airline rewards?

Do you generally travel on Delta? If so, you're probably better off keeping what you have.

I fly on Jetblue the most, so I use their Amex. But if you converted the Delta to Jetblue, you might not be eligible for the 50 Jetblue points at activation (you'd have to ask).

I don't even travel much since I'm on this rock. hahhaha. I just wanted a Amex card and I heard that Delta Amex was the way to go. I joined the Miles program with Delta. Maybe I can make use of it someday...

-
-
-
Established Contributor

I got the delta just to switch to the blue card. I just wanted my foot in the door.... I dont think i have ever flown delta.
Regular Contributor

How's the Hilton or Starwood AMEX?

-
-
-
Senior Contributor

thenewguy23 wrote:
What is this "luv button"? Sorry if I seem ignorant. I have a number for capital 1 that I called to get a cli is this the same thing or something?

Amex changed their policy regarding CLI recently. You can't request a CLI until 60 days from activating your card, and then every 6 months.
Here we go again...
Contributor

thenewguy23 wrote:
Got approved last night for the Amex Delta Skymiles card.  Was sort of surprised but then seeing that other people are being approved with lower scores, I guess I am not that shocked anymore.  My scores are Eq 656 TU 652  Ex 622...also what number am I calling to ask for a cli at activation? 

You might want to hold off on that CLI request - here is someone that did so right after activation and received a FR:

TU (3/30/09): 771
EQ (3/30/09): 751
EX (5/19/08): 715
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.