Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex here I come

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex here I come

Got approved last night for the Amex Delta Skymiles card.  Was sort of surprised but then seeing that other people are being approved with lower scores, I guess I am not that shocked anymore.  My scores are Eq 656 TU 652  Ex 622...also what number am I calling to ask for a cli at activation? 
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex here I come

Smiley Happy wait for 30 day ask for CL , make sure you spend as much as you can , and sent the check befor closing day 5 of the month . good luck
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, got my approval last night!  Still flying high from it.  I would say wait also, everything I have read is wait 30 days and then "hit the luv button".  Still waiting to see what that is!?!  You can change to th blue card on activation from what I hear.....  That's what I am going to do.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

kewlness
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is this "luv button"?  Sorry if I seem ignorant.  I have a number for capital 1 that I called to get a cli is this the same thing or something? 
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still waiting for my card to arrive, but from what I understand, it is a button you can push on the online account management and it gives you instant CLI or not.  But wait until someone who has the card responds.........  Or search luv button, I am sure you will find a ton of hits.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It  is a link that is either showing on the page that says "recent activity" at the bottom- or go to acct. management on the services page. It is not really a button but a link.

Amex gives generous CLI's but I would not get to greedy- I would do it slowly. I asked for my first from 1000 to 3000, and then the last time for 5000 added to my Blue for Students- but I then reallocated the balance.

Reason I suggest to go slowly and not be greedy is that some people have been subject to financial review- you will need you tax docs. and bank statements, etc.- whatever they need to verify income.

Some people have been hinting that it is not till you get around 20000-25000 that the FR can hit- but I am not sure that is true.

If others now if this is  true please chime in.

One thing I do know is that Amex does NOT like minimum payments.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I convert to blue at activation?  How hard is it to do this?  Also I am planning on doing a lot of traveling in the coming years so does the blue have the same airline rewards?
Message 8 of 19
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy 5'' it easy . then wait for new card come . and 30 day then hit love cl , make sure you spend 90% of cl , then send the check to them befor closing day . 5 of month
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thenewguy23 wrote:
Should I convert to blue at activation?  How hard is it to do this?  Also I am planning on doing a lot of traveling in the coming years so does the blue have the same airline rewards?

You call the CSR and ask for a "product change" to Blue. Now if you are going to do a bunch of traveling only you will be able to ascertain if it would be best for you. If you are unsure- call the CSR and ask them to explain to you.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.