Established Member
thenewguy23

Amex here I come

Got approved last night for the Amex Delta Skymiles card.  Was sort of surprised but then seeing that other people are being approved with lower scores, I guess I am not that shocked anymore.  My scores are Eq 656 TU 652  Ex 622...also what number am I calling to ask for a cli at activation? 
Frequent Contributor
dangphuocloc72

Re: Amex here I come

:smileyhappy: wait for 30 day ask for CL , make sure you spend as much as you can , and sent the check befor closing day 5 of the month . good luck
Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

Congrats, got my approval last night!  Still flying high from it.  I would say wait also, everything I have read is wait 30 days and then "hit the luv button".  Still waiting to see what that is!?!  You can change to th blue card on activation from what I hear.....  That's what I am going to do.
Valued Contributor
netpanther

kewlness
Established Member
thenewguy23

What is this "luv button"?  Sorry if I seem ignorant.  I have a number for capital 1 that I called to get a cli is this the same thing or something? 
Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

I am still waiting for my card to arrive, but from what I understand, it is a button you can push on the online account management and it gives you instant CLI or not.  But wait until someone who has the card responds.........  Or search luv button, I am sure you will find a ton of hits.
Valued Contributor
netpanther

It  is a link that is either showing on the page that says "recent activity" at the bottom- or go to acct. management on the services page. It is not really a button but a link.

Amex gives generous CLI's but I would not get to greedy- I would do it slowly. I asked for my first from 1000 to 3000, and then the last time for 5000 added to my Blue for Students- but I then reallocated the balance.

Reason I suggest to go slowly and not be greedy is that some people have been subject to financial review- you will need you tax docs. and bank statements, etc.- whatever they need to verify income.

Some people have been hinting that it is not till you get around 20000-25000 that the FR can hit- but I am not sure that is true.

If others now if this is  true please chime in.

One thing I do know is that Amex does NOT like minimum payments.
Established Member
thenewguy23

Should I convert to blue at activation?  How hard is it to do this?  Also I am planning on doing a lot of traveling in the coming years so does the blue have the same airline rewards?
Frequent Contributor
dangphuocloc72

:smileyhappy: 5'' it easy . then wait for new card come . and 30 day then hit love cl , make sure you spend 90% of cl , then send the check to them befor closing day . 5 of month
Valued Contributor
netpanther

thenewguy23 wrote:
Should I convert to blue at activation?  How hard is it to do this?  Also I am planning on doing a lot of traveling in the coming years so does the blue have the same airline rewards?

You call the CSR and ask for a "product change" to Blue. Now if you are going to do a bunch of traveling only you will be able to ascertain if it would be best for you. If you are unsure- call the CSR and ask them to explain to you.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+