Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex hit again!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex hit again!

Well, I have had my delta classic account since March of this year, 1k limit, never been late, never been over the limit, and always paid in full... I was notified today when i went online to look at my account that my account was closed.  I called and first they told me I was closed due to being in collections, but then I talked to a supervisor and they said that they closed my account due to something on my credit report( but it is clean)

My question is since they closed the account will it look bad because they closed it.  I really do not care that I am without the card, just more usage on the b of a..but I am just worried about my credit report.

Thank YOu

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
elsijfdl
Contributor

Re: Amex hit again!

Judging from these posts amex must literally be on the verge of going out of business. It's funny that there seems to have been a direct link between CEO pay and poor performance in this market (amex has one of the 10 highest paid CEOs in the world)
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So long as there is no balance, you should be ok. It will have the notation that it was closed by credit grantor, but I am sure if anyone does a manual review, they will get used to seeing this from Amex and many people's reports, so, I wouldn't worry much.

Sorry they got you. I am wondering if it will ever stop.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ya, when I first saw it, I was like i cant believe this is happening to me.  i hear it time and time again another cld because of all the posts I read on here.  When I was talking to the idiot at amex, she told me that they recommend me viewing my credit report more frequently.. haha I look at it every week almost.  She also says that Amex just started pulling soft inquries since septemeber and i told her that was funy because i have softs from amex since 2 weeks after i opened my account

dont you just love when you are smarter then the (Edited!) you talk to on the phone.

oc_nick, Welcome to the forums! In the future, please refrain from using words that might offend others. Thank you for your understanding, we appreciate your contributions to the forum

--fused myFICO moderator

Message Edited by fused on 11-20-2008 02:42 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is amazing when I seem to know more about what makes up a credit score and my credit reports than some of the CSR's I have spoken with at several different CCC's.

I just listen to their ill advise politely and ignore it after I hang up. Some of them would do good to come here and learn.

Message 5 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

oc_nick, what are your balances like on your non-Amex cards?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

b of a 300/2500

wells 350/3000

chevron 0/900

credit union visa 0/1000

wal mart 200/750

hsbc 0/900

best buy 300/1400

cap 1 0/1500

if my math is correct, that is under 10% util.  and the part i am still frustrated over is i had higher balances when i applied back in march for the card. i prolly owed a total of like 2 thousand over a few cards and had a 650 exp. now i have lower balances and a 712 exp...

Message 7 of 8
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Perhaps you can try calling back again and ask them to report it as "Closed by consumers request." I heard someone was able to do that when Financial Review was going to cancel the customers account. Its worth a shot but honestly your fine.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.