Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex how long should I wait.....

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Amex how long should I wait.....

To app for a Delta Skymiles card? I've had my Zync card going on 2 months now. Does anyone have a time frame for when I should app for a new card with amex? Is there anything they look for with current cardmembers when trying to get another one of their cards? I still may just wait until next year, but just thought I would reach out for some advice..Thanks

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex how long should I wait.....

Extrapolating just from your listed FICO (they pull EX, then use their own formula) you were borderline at best when approved for Zync, IMHO unless you have a pressing need for the card, wait for some payment history to develop.

If you don't wait for a full year of good payment history, which may not be a bad idea, then at least 6 months to avoid an instant denial.  Since you got in hopefully for next app scores will be above 700 for best results.

They like spend and PIF and low balances or no balances with them and other issuers.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 3
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex how long should I wait.....

Thanks Score...Yep they only pulled EX and I know my EX is the best of the 3, I have a dreaded paid collection on my TU & EQ that's set to drop off in a couple of months, my EX has no baddies and does show revolving activity and low util. I'm not really pressed for the Delta card, it's just one of those that I've been wanting, so holding off isn't a problem, I think I may just do that.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.