Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex inquiry question

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Amex inquiry question

At what point does Amex view an inquiry as no longer too new? I've tried to add a bce for about 6 months, and always get denied for recent inquires and amount of time as Amex customer. My ex report will have 3 inquires reach the year point in early November. Same time as my year anniversary with my zync. I have 8 total inquires on ex. Mostly from car shopping in April.  My last inquiry will reach the 6 month mark in October.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex inquiry question

With Amex they have a VERY well programmed computer (I would love to see the forumula!)

If you have any reasons in a decline letter referencing something with Amex itself vs. your EX I would personally ignore all other reasons!

I hate being told to pull my credit and check what issues I should know or dispute and the letter we are sending will tell you... No.

I find the reasons for denial completely worthless, the computer probably has 10,20+ and it will quickly place 3-4 on the letter.

INQ is the favorite even with people that have one!

Amex is not placing HP each of these APPS are they?

And  1 year is credit INQ, you can see them for 2 but banks system should score on only last 12 months.

Message 2 of 6
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:

At what point does Amex view an inquiry as no longer too new? I've tried to add a bce for about 6 months, and always get denied for recent inquires and amount of time as Amex customer. My ex report will have 3 inquires reach the year point in early November. Same time as my year anniversary with my zync. I have 8 total inquires on ex. Mostly from car shopping in April.  My last inquiry will reach the 6 month mark in October.

FICO takes into account the inqs for just one year.  However, lenders can view 2 years worth of inqs and that in itself can be a reason for denial.  I've seen individuals with 1 year app free get the "too many inqs" response for denial.  I think you'd be safe to app again after 1 year with Zync but it's no guarantee of approval.  At any rate... garden garden garden if you don't want to be denied again for "seeking credit".  Smiley Happy  Statistically:  72% of FICO high achievers did not apply for credit in the past year and of those that did, about 20% applied for credit just once.  You have 8 inqs.  Just some statistics

added statistics  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:

If those scores are accurate in your signature I find it surprising you haven't been approved. You may want to get a Charge card a Zync card shoud be easy and its on;y $15 you can cancel after you get approved for your revolver if you like, so you set your member date, also any new APs are soft pulls unless approved.  I was approved with  much lower scores and with about the same number of INQ's. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I think zync is $25 but first year is free (unless you add packs)
Message 5 of 6
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

I'm aware of how inquires are scored and I already have a zync. My scores are accurate. I have no idea why I cannot get approved for a bce, other than the reasons stated, too may recent inquires and too new a customer. My question was intended to answer the question of when Amex's internal scoring sees and inquiry as having sufficient age. 

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.