Frequent Contributor
Jake0215

Amex inquiry question

[ Edited ]

At what point does Amex view an inquiry as no longer too new? I've tried to add a bce for about 6 months, and always get denied for recent inquires and amount of time as Amex customer. My ex report will have 3 inquires reach the year point in early November. Same time as my year anniversary with my zync. I have 8 total inquires on ex. Mostly from car shopping in April.  My last inquiry will reach the 6 month mark in October.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Amex inquiry question

With Amex they have a VERY well programmed computer (I would love to see the forumula!)

If you have any reasons in a decline letter referencing something with Amex itself vs. your EX I would personally ignore all other reasons!

I hate being told to pull my credit and check what issues I should know or dispute and the letter we are sending will tell you... No.

I find the reasons for denial completely worthless, the computer probably has 10,20+ and it will quickly place 3-4 on the letter.

INQ is the favorite even with people that have one!

Amex is not placing HP each of these APPS are they?

And  1 year is credit INQ, you can see them for 2 but banks system should score on only last 12 months.

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 671 GE, EX 695 NASA(09-24-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

[ Edited ]

Jake0215 wrote:

At what point does Amex view an inquiry as no longer too new? I've tried to add a bce for about 6 months, and always get denied for recent inquires and amount of time as Amex customer. My ex report will have 3 inquires reach the year point in early November. Same time as my year anniversary with my zync. I have 8 total inquires on ex. Mostly from car shopping in April.  My last inquiry will reach the 6 month mark in October.

FICO takes into account the inqs for just one year.  However, lenders can view 2 years worth of inqs and that in itself can be a reason for denial.  I've seen individuals with 1 year app free get the "too many inqs" response for denial.  I think you'd be safe to app again after 1 year with Zync but it's no guarantee of approval.  At any rate... garden garden garden if you don't want to be denied again for "seeking credit".  :smileyhappy:  Statistically:  72% of FICO high achievers did not apply for credit in the past year and of those that did, about 20% applied for credit just once.  You have 8 inqs.  Just some statistics

added statistics  :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 798, EX 780, TU 787 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K, TotalRewards 18K

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Jake0215 wrote:

If those scores are accurate in your signature I find it surprising you haven't been approved. You may want to get a Charge card a Zync card shoud be easy and its on;y $15 you can cancel after you get approved for your revolver if you like, so you set your member date, also any new APs are soft pulls unless approved.  I was approved with  much lower scores and with about the same number of INQ's. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

I think zync is $25 but first year is free (unless you add packs)
Frequent Contributor
Jake0215

I'm aware of how inquires are scored and I already have a zync. My scores are accurate. I have no idea why I cannot get approved for a bce, other than the reasons stated, too may recent inquires and too new a customer. My question was intended to answer the question of when Amex's internal scoring sees and inquiry as having sufficient age. 

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+