cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is like a schizophrenic girlfriend!

tag
aftermath
Established Contributor

Amex is like a schizophrenic girlfriend!

So 2 days ago, I applied for a CLI on my Blue Cash for the first time in 2 years (3x my current CL).... INSTANTLY DENIED.

Yesterday, I tried applying for a Gold Charge Card... INSTANTLY DENIED.

The reasons for denial on both were very weird as it didn't match up with the information on any of my credit reports.

I pulled my reports and not a single SOFT or HARD inquiry from them.

I log on today and see that my total available credit is $3500 (original CL is $2200).  Smiley Indifferent

I called in to confirm if this was a counter-offer for my requested CLI, they said "Nope, we periodically review people's accounts and give them an AUTO CLI for good use and behavior".

So 2 days ago they say my credit sucks, deny my CLI request and a Gold Charge Card, but yet their "periodic review" deemed me worthy of an AUTO CLI? Smiley Indifferent

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex is like a schizophrenic girlfriend!

I've had that done on other cards before.  No rhyme or reason except for me asking for a CLI, being denied and then a few days later, they granted it anyway. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 16
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

...and yet, we still keep them both around: Schizo Girlfriend & AMEX

Message 3 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@JayRizzo wrote:

...and yet, we still keep them both around: Schizo Girlfriend & AMEX

From what I've read, my new Dillard's is an Amex on mood stabilizers! Smiley Wink Here's hoping!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 16
favre_2_free
New Contributor

No matter how hot she is...just remember...somebody, somewhere...Is sick of her crapSmiley Happy

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 5 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

More like dating out of your class.    Good for awhile, you spend a lot of money, but you know you are going to get dumped. 

Message 6 of 16
GregB
Valued Contributor

And the person that is "sick of her crap" probably knows a lot more about her than you do! Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 16
aftermath
Established Contributor

Alright, Amex is a jealous schizo.  They took back their AUTO CLI.  @#%$(&*(@#$ Smiley Mad

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 8 of 16
seruby
Frequent Contributor

That's crazy.

I just called them today because they're reporting me as an AU on my credit report, so I wanted to have myself removed.  TransUnion had no issue removing it, but Equifax wouldn't, but whatever.  The person at AmEx said they could remove me and it would show up as a closed account on my report.  I said "I don't want it to show up closed.  I want it completely removed.  They're 2 different things."  She said they cannot remove it from my credit report.

Let's just see about that.  I'm thinking somewhere between 30-40 days, I'll be hearing a different answer.

Message 9 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@aftermath wrote:

@Anonymous, Amex is a jealous schizo.  They took back their AUTO CLI.  @#%$(&*(@#$ Smiley Mad

The fact that you didn't have either a hard or soft first time around, and the fact that the reasons given didn't match your reports, makes me think that they pulled someone else's report. There might be an error on this other person's report that makes it pull up when they enter your info.

Have you tried asking if you can fax a copy of your Experian report to them? Or asked if they would review the report that they have over the phone with you?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.