Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is losing best western

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex is losing best western

and these are international flights correct?
Message 21 of 73
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, at least until the end of the month you can get great value out of BA on domestic flights. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

either idk how to do it or it sucks. one of the two lol
Message 23 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Could be either, though International premium cabin flights will always net a much higher value per point.

BA transfers were a fantastic value for domestic flights, until their recent devaluation.  Virgin America isn't bad, since there points have a fixed value of about 2.2%.  So, at current transfer rates, you'll net at least 1%+ on flights, assuming you don't transfer during a bonus promo.

In other words, if redeeming for flights, there's really never a reason to assume you'll realize less than 1.5 cents per point.

Message 24 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
either idk how to do it or it sucks. one of the two lol

I agree.  

Amex really should make this process simpler and more transparent.  They would do much better if they made it more user friendly.

Message 25 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was trying to redeem for flights and it was about a .7% return
Message 26 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i was trying to redeem for flights and it was about a .7% return

You should never redeem for a "purchase" through their portal, but transfer the MR points to a FF program.  Then, redeem your flight.

Message 27 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay you're not getting it my friend lol. i went to MAKE a purchase using points for flights through the amex portal thing.
Message 28 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

No big loss. Rarely was a BW a better option for me than any of the programs I have status with like Hyatt (Diamond), IHG (Spire), Marriott/RC (Platinum)

Message 29 of 73
Open123
Super Contributor

For instance, SQ is notrious for never allowing Star Alliance redemptions on their premium cabin seats.

A First Class seat on SQ to Asia would likely cost at least about $6,000 or so, depending on the season. They're an MR Parter (along with UR and TY), and you can redeem this seat (subject to some restrictions) with about 150,000 MR Points.  So, in this example, an MR Point would be worth about 4 - 5 cpp.

Message 30 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.