Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is now converting Green, Blue Cash cards to EMV

tag
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Amex is now converting Green, Blue Cash cards to EMV

Sorry if this has already been posted. I did a search and saw Platinum and a few others, no Green.

I just called to see if I could get the EMV chip added to my Blue Cash Everyday and Green card. They are sending new ones overnight. Seemless process. Just wanted to update the other Amex cardholders. Smiley Happy

BTW, If you check the status of your request online for a new card it states:

Request Reason: Mag to Chip and Signature

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex is now converting Green, Blue Cash cards to EMV

Before I get flamed, I didn't realize the Gold discussion also brought up the other cards. Mods feel free to lock and or delete... Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 51
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 51
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

Before I get flamed, I didn't realize the Gold discussion also brought up the other cards. Mods feel free to lock and or delete... Smiley Happy

Why should they lock or delete?  You brought up a new thread to inform people about the other cards.  If someone didn't have the gold maybe they wouldn't click on the thread and in turn read thru the pages of responses including my own where someone discussed the other cards.  Thank You for the new info.

Message 4 of 51
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@ezdoesit wrote:

@HeilFico wrote:

Why should they lock or delete?  You brought up a new thread to inform people about the other cards.  If someone didn't have the gold maybe they wouldn't click on the thread and in turn read thru the pages of responses including my own where someone discussed the other cards.  Thank You for the new info.

Agreed. This thread caught my eye because I have the Green. I'm inclined towards leaving it up.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 51
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Op just said no green. But then he puts green on the tittle... op explaind...
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 6 of 51
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yay! Just called and got mine! The rep was American and extremely professional and courteous! Gah I love Amex!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 51
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Just finished chatting with Amex CSR via secure chat and yes, it's also an option for Amex Green.  New card is being overnight to me! Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 51
Justin9825

Had my Green card upgraded also!

*Also had my Delta card upgraded if anybody was wondering. Both overnight shipping free.

Message 9 of 51
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Justin9825 wrote:

Had my Green card upgraded also!

*Also had my Delta card upgraded if anybody was wondering. Both overnight shipping free.

That is interesting I thought the Delta and TE couldn't get an EMV.  Congrats.

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.