@09Lexie wrote:
I getting my tin foil hat out of the hat box just for my new chip

Smiley LOL

Psst psst hey hey have I got a deal for you

Foil hats 30% off if you use your CCSmiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 31 of 51
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex is now converting Green, Blue Cash cards to EMV

I have been told by my manager to retract my previous statement.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that the NSA is reading your brainwaves, through the EMV chip or any other way, and certainly not using that slightly raised hologram on each card that you have by now forgotten to notice.  Really.   So please don't bother to use the tinfoil hats, they interfere with our measurements.  Not that we are measuring of course.

Message 32 of 51
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Here we go..... Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 33 of 51
Justin9825

I actually spoke too soon! Sorry!

Was on chat when I posted that. At first the rep said she would upgrade both my cards (Green & Delta) to EMV. About 5-7 minutes after posting that and her confirming my Green card was now being sent out, she said she was working on the Delta card and soon came back to say the system was not allowing her to add the EMV to my Delta.

Sorry again.

Message 34 of 51
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I have been told by my manager to retract my previous statement.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that the NSA is reading your brainwaves, through the EMV chip or any other way, and certainly not using that slightly raised hologram on each card that you have by now forgotten to notice.  Really.   So please don't bother to use the tinfoil hats, they interfere with our measurements.  Not that we are measuring of course.

You're cutting into my foil hat profits Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 35 of 51
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

When I had requested for the EMV on my BCE usin the chat on my iPad I was deny because I couldn't open the questionnaire I had to fill out to identify me so the rep noted me on my account for that xD... When I call the next day this nice lady processed my request and its coming on ups next day air and I shud get it by Monday Smiley Happy

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 36 of 51
watsmyscore

BCE Changed to EMV. UPS Overnight shipping. 

I called yesterday and was shot down by a rep who had confirmed it with her supervisor stating its not possible. I called back today and she denied that they are doing it for the Blue Cash Everyday I told her that Ive heard a lot of people getting it so she put me on hold and said shes going to see if will show up if she goes into the system were she requests a new car and to my NON amazement, it did. 

I dont know why they are so difficult about it. 

Message 37 of 51
p-
Valued Contributor

watsmyscore wrote:  I dont know why they are so difficult about it. 

We often hear about rollouts here long before the low level CSR's...  Remember when the Unicorn was going away?  It was flatly denied or confirmed depending on which rep you talked to.  

If I owned a credit card company, my department heads would all be silent members of this forum.

Message 38 of 51
p-
Valued Contributor

Ron1 wrote:  Did anyone ask EMV for Amex Zync Unicorn?

myjourney wrote:  p- did and has one on the way

Yup.  creditnocash also has one on the way.

Unicorn.gif

Message 39 of 51
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@watsmyscore wrote:

I dont know why they are so difficult about it. 

It's the same with CSR's at any company.  Some are aware of it and some are not.  I requested EMV BCP's at the end of last week and received Express Pay BCP's today.  Called today and the CSR was familiar with Express Pay but not EMV.  After checking into it he finally found the info and is getting my EMV BCP's to me.

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.