Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is very fast with bonuses

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex is very fast with bonuses

That's awesome, congrats! I should meet the spend for my BCE bonus shortly, hopeefully I'm as lucky as you were and it posts quickly.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome, congrats! I should meet the spend for my BCE bonus shortly, hopeefully I'm as lucky as you were and it posts quickly.

I hope so, too, locative! It was great seeing that $250 credit in there this morning and knowing it can be put to good use on some nice post-holiday groceries! Free groceries are fun.Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted about this just this morning! Ha! My BCP bonus was applied almost immediately after meeting the spend. I also mentioned that my travel credit for 2015 posted within 7 days and my 2016 credit posted in 2 days! AMEX is on top of it!

Yay, Georgia! I'm glad it worked out well for you also. It's so nice to see that Amex is giving these out quickly to others as well. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeaseer wrote:

Congrats on getting your bonus quickly and your new card. I got the special $250 bonus within 3 days of having the BCE card. I decided to get the BCE with the special $250 bonus to off set the cost of new tires. I met the spend on the first day and then magically the credit appeared a couple days later. And the BCE is also my first Amex card. I think they are doing these kind of things to be more customer friendly. Then we end up promoting how cool Amex is Smiley Happy

Agree 100% joe, and thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Very nice Smiley Happy ...looking forward to my SPG points..lol

Message 15 of 16
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

I forgot to mention a data point, I did something else that might have triggered the bonus to appear. I made a 250 dollar payment that same day that it appeared. Maybe the combination of spending over $1,000 the first day. And then paying $250 the third day made it happen so fast.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.