Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is very fast with bonuses

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is very fast with bonuses

Just this morning I noticed that Amex had posted the $250 BCP bonus to my online account. This occurred within 24 hours of spend being met. Thanks, Amex! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex is very fast with bonuses

That is very YMMV

Usually if you're already an Amex customer then spending bonus posts fast. If its your first card sometimes it can take a while for it to post. 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my first Amex card! I guess I am very fortunate that it happened quickly! I was really surprised to see it. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
chbartel
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is my first Amex card! I guess I am very fortunate that it happened quickly! I was really surprised to see it. Smiley Happy

mine posted quick too and it's my first card. Logged in today and also saw my $250 posted, and I just hit spend requirement this weekend...

Message 4 of 16
Runitup
Regular Contributor

They also post the annual fee quickly, lol. Seriously though, it's one of my go to cards. Enjoy!
Message 5 of 16
elim
Senior Contributor

Free money....    yum

congrats,  they aren't as fast at MR's IMO

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted about this just this morning! Ha! My BCP bonus was applied almost immediately after meeting the spend. I also mentioned that my travel credit for 2015 posted within 7 days and my 2016 credit posted in 2 days! AMEX is on top of it!

Message 7 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted about this just this morning! Ha! My BCP bonus was applied almost immediately after meeting the spend. I also mentioned that my travel credit for 2015 posted within 7 days and my 2016 credit posted in 2 days! AMEX is on top of it!

RIght, for bonuses.   As referenced above though, very very slow at posting spend rewards (at least for MR and cashback)

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

they were pretty fast with posting my delta miles.

not sure if i want to get the other gold card w/them but i have an offer for 50k burning in my pocket.

i opened a citi premier though instead of having my mom do it and so i don't know if i want another set of inquiries + additional credit open. maybe towards the end of this year when I shut down the premier...

what i love is they gave me the CLI i requested w/o hard pull and it wasn't 3x, the SL was pretty high in of itself.

they also post credit to my account asap, even when it hasn't left my other bank yet...

they also will tell me if I make multiple payments (and actually allow me to) how much is left of the statement balance i should pay so if i don't want to overpay and do the entire current balance (no problem) i can avoid the APR by paying statement in full...

no other lender does this (Chase, discover or citi).

Message 9 of 16
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

Congrats on getting your bonus quickly and your new card. I got the special $250 bonus within 3 days of having the BCE card. I decided to get the BCE with the special $250 bonus to off set the cost of new tires. I met the spend on the first day and then magically the credit appeared a couple days later. And the BCE is also my first Amex card. I think they are doing these kind of things to be more customer friendly. Then we end up promoting how cool Amex is Smiley Happy

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.