Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is very slow...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is very slow...

Hello Everyone, 

I applied the Amex Blue Cash Everyday card since they have their own foreign transaction way between Chinese RMB and US Dollars. However, I got approved last Thursday and can't get it today. When I called them, they told me that my card is in processing to be mailed out. After 6 days and it still under processing. I'm so surprised. They told me the expected delivery date is July 5th and if I can't get it that date, they can help me switch to a faster delivery method without any cost. 

I'll travel out of town to China on July 8th and come back at the end of August, perhaps I cannot get my card. Luckily I have the Discover It which they have contract with China UnionPay, so there is no foreign transaction or other fees either. 

But I am so dissapointed by Amex, I thought they have the best service in the whole credit card industry... Maybe that's my fault... Best service doesn't mean fastest delivery speed... 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
shoo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex is very slow...

I just applied for an Amex BCP and it took exactly 7 days to arrive. Applied Saturday, 6/20 and got it on the 27th. I think that credit cards generally take 7-10 business days though. Sometimes they just happen to get there a couple days faster. I think you'll have it in time. Safe Travels!

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 2 of 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Amex is very slow...

My BCP showed up quickly. It's been a month and still no Amex ED. Lol Guess someone wanted the card more than me. They've changed the account numbers.Still waiting for it to arrive.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.