Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex keeps sending me emails to get their SERVE card

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Amex keeps sending me emails to get their SERVE card

Just received another email from Amex to get their SERVE card, it has all benefits of Memberships blah blah blah .  For those that don't know , the serve card is basically a prepaid reload able debit card. Smiley Sad I'd like my green card back but they won't approve that for at least 7-8 more years closer to when my bk falls off reports.  Wondering if getting it and signing up for it will at least get me in the "system" to where I might squeak out a green card sooner than 7-8 years???? Thoughts anyone? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex keeps sending me emails to get their SERVE card

@pizza1 wrote:

Just received another email from Amex to get their SERVE card, it has all benefits of Memberships blah blah blah .  For those that don't know , the serve card is basically a prepaid reload able debit card. Smiley Sad I'd like my green card back but they won't approve that for at least 7-8 more years closer to when my bk falls off reports.  Wondering if getting it and signing up for it will at least get me in the "system" to where I might squeak out a green card sooner than 7-8 years???? Thoughts anyone? 

they had once mentioned that having serve might get you offered a green/gold charge but I have not heard that actually come out to anyone.

it doesn't hurt to get and link to your bank and have.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess would be that having Serve would have no effect on credit, be it positive or negative. It doesn't get you "into their system" as far as I can imagine. For example, some folks have questioned whether getting Serve has the benefit of getting backdated; I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Message 3 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hey CA!! It says "no credit check",... So of they don't have my Ssn they can't really offer me another product because they can't SP EX, so what would be the point? At least that's what thinking... I don't know I'm kinda bummed right now with everyone so don't listen to me.... gE is t giving me cli on anything, and neither is navy either though nothing has changed in reports and my score has gone up a little.
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Hey CA!! It says "no credit check",... So of they don't have my Ssn they can't really offer me another product because they can't SP EX, so what would be the point? At least that's what thinking... I don't know I'm kinda bummed right now with everyone so don't listen to me.... gE is t giving me cli on anything, and neither is navy either though nothing has changed in reports and my score has gone up a little.

they do take your social.

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As others have mentioned, it provides no added benefit other than a prepaid product with AMEX and nothing else in the sense of getting yourself back in good graces with them, sorry.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.