Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex link to move credit limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex link to move credit limits

So does this increase the limit on one card and cecrease it on the other?  How does it report to the cra's?

Message 11 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up SJ but I guess it only works with certain cards.  I have HHonors, SPG & Amex green and none of them works.  I'm guessing it has to be Amex's own cards and not the cobranded ones?

One of mine that is eligible is a Hilton HHonors card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 12 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I tried over a month ago to move limits from my SPG and ED over to BCP. I was told my accounts weren't old enough. Both were older than six months. I closed both almost two months ago. Now it's allowing movement..go figure?

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed the link yesterday too. I thought it came up because my account is finally one year old. From my understanding you have to wait 13 months/13 statements to request from account opening. I think I'm going to try in 13 months which is in two weeks.
Message 14 of 25
redpat
Senior Contributor

This thread "Amex move limits" will turn out just like CO combined account.

Where's Baller, lol!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Link has always existed, finding it was another story... I just goggled amex Credit line reallocation several months back when i did mine and found a direct link asking me to login and took me right to page of cards that were eligible.  Keep in mind donor card must at least be 13 months/13 statements old and receving card I believe has to be 60 days old if I remember correctly.  Obviously this could of changed since I did my reallocation.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just posted this on another thread but I chatted with Amex today about transferring reward points and also asked why I can't get cli. They gave me the # to the responsible lending action team. Anyone else tried a cli with these guys?
Message 17 of 25
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I've dumped blue sky into Delta, and ED into Delta. Obviously these three are transferable into each other, per the listed allocation options, when said transactions were performed.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just posted this on another thread but I chatted with Amex today about transferring reward points and also asked why I can't get cli. They gave me the # to the responsible lending action team. Anyone else tried a cli with these guys?

There's plenty of people that get CLIs with Amex.  There's a very large thread in CC applications that you might want to review as this thread has nothing to do with your question.  Please don't cross post the same question in multiple locations.

Message 19 of 25
smittyboy020
Contributor

Hmmm... I wonder if I could transfer some of the limit from my Costco Amex to my ED now that I've received my Costco Citi.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.