Did you mean: 

Amex lowered APR!!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex lowered APR!!

Decide to call in today!

Still on my Spring Break in Miami... Last day:-(
Amex lowered my BCE from 22.24% to 19.24%!!
I always pif, charge about $1k a month.

This month I may need to revolve a balance though! Perfect timing! Lol Love Amex usually ! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex lowered APR!!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Decide to call in today!

Still on my Spring Break in Miami... Last day:-(
Amex lowered my BCE from 22.24% to 19.24%!!
I always pif, charge about $1k a month.

This month I may need to revolve a balance though! Perfect timing! Lol Love Amex usually ! Lol

How long have you had the card?

Message 3 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats....was declined on the phone twice and decided not to accept and try chat...bam ..16,99% to 13,99% on BCP...best of all it happened all the same day Smiley Happy...so it is worth to try different channels once declined! 

Wonder what the lowest APR is on BCE and BCP? 12,99% or any lower?

Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@lg8302ch wrote:

Congrats....was declined on the phone twice and decided not to accept and try chat...bam ..16,99% to 13,99% on BCP...best of all it happened all the same day Smiley Happy...so it is worth to try different channels once declined! 

Good question.  DH is at 12.99% on BCP .  Unfortunately, I didn't receive that APR- 16.99% Smiley Frustrated  will be calling once it hits a year.  

Message 5 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Good question.  DH is at 12.99% on BCP .  Unfortunately, I didn't receive that APR- 16.99% Smiley Frustrated  will be calling once it hits a year.  

Good luck Lexie..good to know that there is a little room to try for me next year Smiley Happy  Well my mission to get lowest APR on all my cards will be a major challenge with Chase Freedom...Trying to go from 22,99% to 13,99%..this will be for my 2 year card aniversary...not that APR matters for a PIF girl but I feel insulted to be in the worst tier by Chase. I know chances are close to none as Chase does not re-evaluate APR over the course of the years...but love challenges as gardening is kind of boring Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.