Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex member since through AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex member since through AU

My relationship with Amex is relatively short. I got my first Amex card last year.
I'm in the process of finding someone with a much longer relationship with Amex and ask him/her to add me as AU.
Once I get my own cards backdated, will my "Member since" date change if I'm removed as AU from that card?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex member since through AU

I thought you could no longer backdate to the primary cardholder's MSD unless you were added as an AU before 2011?

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@kdong1996 wrote:

I thought you could no longer backdate to the primary cardholder's MSD unless you were added as an AU before 2011?

You think rightly; well close, IIRC it changed in 2012 sometime as I recall that happening during my membership here.  Your MSD gets set to whenever you first acquire a card, or when you are first added as an AU to a card.

        
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What? Guess I'm late to the game...
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My relationship with Amex is relatively short. I got my first Amex card last year.
I'm in the process of finding someone with a much longer relationship with Amex and ask him/her to add me as AU.
Once I get my own cards backdated, will my "Member since" date change if I'm removed as AU from that card?

What are you backdating to if you got your first card last year?  Were you previously an AU on another account?  Being added as an AU isn't going to make your MSD older.  The card will report as opened in the year you were added as an AU.  Being removed as an AU has no impact on your MSD either.

@Anonymous wrote:
What? Guess I'm late to the game...

Don't overlook the other discussions on backdating as well.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.