Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex messed up and questions

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Amex messed up and questions

Okay so I attempted to apply for the new Everyday card from Amex through a secure message from a BC. The next day I get a message saying congratulations you've been upgraded to BCE. I called amex and got my account reverted to BC... does that PC count as an hard inqury?

Also if I apply for the Everyday card, can I then close out my BCE card? And will they backdate the Everyday card? Does applying for the Everyday card count as a hard inquiry?

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex messed up and questions

@HenryJumbo wrote:

Okay so I attempted to apply for the new Everyday card from Amex through a secure message from a BC. The next day I get a message saying congratulations you've been upgraded to BCE. I called amex and got my account reverted to BC... does that PC count as an hard inqury?

Also if I apply for the Everyday card, can I then close out my BCE card? And will they backdate the Everyday card? Does applying for the Everyday card count as a hard inquiry?

it's not a hp.

why close the blue if you get the new? unless you can move the CL.

applying will be hp if you are approved

Message 2 of 3
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex messed up and questions

Thx

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.