Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex must be in a giving mood

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

Amex must be in a giving mood

I decided wth let me apply since I am now a member of the family with my simplycash, and reading about Revelate recent success  expecting to get denied, and well this happened...

01/13/13
BLUE CASH (SM) FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. 
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

I appiled for older 5,5,1 combo. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex must be in a giving mood

Message 2 of 22
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Congrats
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 3 of 22
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Awesome congrats!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats dude!  Seriously though your TU 700+ score means your report is waaaaaay prettier than mine so I'm not surprised at all you were approved honestly Smiley Happy.

        
Message 5 of 22
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP! I love the look of my Simple Cash card 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 22
toppers555
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Congrats dude!  Seriously though your TU 700+ score means your report is waaaaaay prettier than mine so I'm not surprised at all you were approved honestly Smiley Happy.

My ex, and Eq are both around your scores, but then again the judgement, and collection I have on my report falls off in may , and june. I am actually considering holding off on CSP , and cash+ to end of year now.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 7 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@toppers555 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

My ex, and Eq are both around your scores, but then again the judgement, and collection I have on my report falls off in may , and june. I am actually considering holding off on CSP , and cash+ to end of year now.

Interesting, some of my negatives are a lot more recent.  If you get your EX from Amex would you mind sharing it here?

Personally if I were you I'd wait I think if your scores are similar to mine, my Freedom application of all things is pending, and it's a heck of a lot easier to get approved for from an underwriting perspective than the CSP / Cash+.  If you're going to get a big bump (likely if those are your only derogs) with two negatives coming off, just hang out would be my opinion.  Not really any rush on those two except the potential lost payment history, which over the long run is pretty trivial.

        
Message 8 of 22
toppers555
Established Contributor

Sure I will post it , but I am pretty sure it around  650-660 range from last month Amex denial , which is why I am certain it had to be related to my simplecash /interalscore.  income 60k , only experian pulled. Also I already have cash rewards , so cash+ would not be a completely new card.

01/04/13
AMERICAN EXPRESS SIMPLYCASH (SM) BUSINESS CARD
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

11/29/12
BLUE CASH PREFERRED(SM)
Declined
To view the full decision details click here
11/30/12
AMERICAN EXPRESS PREFERRED REWARDS GREEN CARD
Declined
12/07/12
PREMIER REWARDS GOLD CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
Declined
12/07/12
THE AMERICAN EXPRESS PREFERRED REWARDS GOLD CARD
Cancelled
12/23/12
STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST CREDIT CARD(SM) FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
Declined
01/13/13
BLUE CASH (SM) FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

Message 9 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hrm, your application history makes it look like Amex's approvals are now determined by Oujia board as well.

Denied in December for charge cards, approved in Jan for Blue Anything?  If nothing substantial changed in your report and score, you may be right and Amex is in a giving mood post holiday season.

        
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.