Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex next day air

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Amex next day air

Hi everyone,

My Dad shipped my Amex ZYNC up here to Boston on Monday, scheduled to be delivered today.  The bonehead mail person screwed up the delivery and it is going back.  I called Amex at 5:05 to have it overnighted, and they said it would be here tomorrow before noon.  IS THAT FOR REAL?  Anyone have experience with this?

smc733

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
kromix
New Contributor

Re: Amex next day air

As real as it gets, I get their cards next day when they say next day.

Message 2 of 14
smc733
Valued Contributor

@kromix wrote:

As real as it gets, I get their cards next day when they say next day.

Even after 5???  I was expecting a Friday delivery.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 14
kromix
New Contributor

Yup you can order from Amazon at 8 PM EST, and you get it the next morning, because they can ship from example california and beat the "time", you'll get it on time trust me, every and all cards I get from Amex are always overnighted to me, and I think one time I requested one at like 10 PM est and I got it the next morning.

Message 4 of 14
smc733
Valued Contributor

Epic, just have to make sure UPS doesn't **bleep** up delivery like USPS....  I won't be home, but signature isn't required, right?

Message 5 of 14
smc733
Valued Contributor

WOW, the word s.c.r.e.w. is filtered?  I guess someone discussing the hardware they are buying with their Home Depot card will have a tough time...

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always get my Am Ex cards in a least half the time they promise them.  If they require a signature on delivery (and they never have for me) it is for the creditor's own protection.

Message 7 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smc733 wrote:

WOW, the word s.c.r.e.w. is filtered?  I guess someone discussing the hardware they are buying with their Home Depot card will have a tough time...

It's because we had way too many "Scr3w AmEx/ BofA/ Chase/ Citi/ fill in the blank" thread titles and way too many "scr3w you" replies in posts to other members.

I don't think they wanted to do this, but it just got old, seeing all the vitriol. If people won't exercise a little self-control, I guess someone has to do it for them. These are public forums with people from all walks of life, and it was getting pretty offensive. Including to me, although I'm hardly a Puritan, lol.

At least they let us start typing "Dick", as in someone's name. That one got filtered for a long time. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 14
smc733
Valued Contributor

Makes sense about the word filter...

And I'm guessing since its a plain white envelope, they won't require signature.

Message 9 of 14
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

AMEX once 2 day aired my credit card to Sarajevo via DHL.  They made me pick it up, but I was still impressed.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.